Subscriptions & Donations ×

Dave's Coupe "THE END"

hughezee

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Stu, what's the black stuff you put on the suspension and subframe?

This probably looks like a lazy quick cover-up of black stuff, it's actually a combination of different products and stages, the topic linked below will better explain what has been done to the top of the frame, since the lower parts are accessible. 👍

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s

Very well thanks Stu. We've driven it up to St Annes and it was nice to be back sitting in luxury, and I've done a little running about locally. I had to fill with Sainsbury's ordinary unleaded as they had run out of the good stuff but it still returned 37 mpg.

• Like 4

• Administrators
4 hours ago, davebrads said:

I had to fill with Sainsbury's ordinary unleaded as they had run out of the good stuff but it still returned 37 mpg.

Great to hear of your happy motoring Dave, so in modern German car terms you're getting 65 mpg. 🤪

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Dave's Coupe "THE END"
  • Administrators

I collected Daves 2.0 coupe back in May and it had already been sitting on his driveway for some time until I eventually got around to it. 🙄

20220821_165206[1].jpg

The car's clutch was starting to slip and the timing belt was due and it also needed a new oil sump. So it was always going to be 50/50 if it would be saved given its high miles (198k) and general condition. 😔

20220821_165007.jpg

I even purchased most of the parts to get it back on the road, but a sudden influx of parts requests has sealed the cars demised, so the disassembly process and shipping of the parts have begun.☹️

• Sad 4

• Founding Member

Sorry to see Dave's Coupe bite the dust but dismantling it will no doubt help keep a few more of them going....

Stu - any chance that you could salvage the heated seat relay for me please? - Assuming it has one....  I am told it is on the bulkhead behind the glove box.  Seems it is not an easy thing to buy new ....

I can pick it up at the forthcoming Coupes & Coffee meet if that suits you.

Thanks in anticipation....

• Administrators
7 hours ago, PaulS said:

Assuming it has one....  I am told it is on the bulkhead behind the glove box.  Seems it is not an easy thing to buy new ....

The relay is located in the engine bay as illustrated by @Cryistic on the relevant topic: Both heated seats stopped working - Why?. Anyway I can confirm I have removed the relay(s) and I will keep it to one side for you...👍

• Founding Member

Found the relay pod to the right of the main fuse box in the engine compartment (much better than behind the glove box!!!) - however I am unsure now which is the correct relay to pull as maybe the pictured layout is mirror imaged & the heated seat relay is at the bottom rather than the top. I tried but failed to pull out one of the relays - I could certainly try harder with pliers or similar but wondered if there is a trick I need to learn before they come out easily?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, hughezee said:

What an absolute nightmare the CAT was stolen in the early hours this morning while the car was parked up the top on the grass ready for its collection 😡 luckily project ruby and the other cars were not touched on the drive.😐

Was it going for scrap ? Did they price it on the cat being intact ??

• Founding Member

What a bummer. Even if you had them clearly on cctv and physically caught hold of them with 4 of your mates, the police would likely do nothing as someone would say they were all fine upstanding citizens who were totally innocent and just walking by....

• grrrr 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PaulS said:

What a bummer. Even if you had them clearly on cctv and physically caught hold of them with 4 of your mates, the police would likely do nothing as someone would say they were all fine upstanding citizens who were totally innocent and just walking by....

Like the petrol station wrecking scum, the sticky road insect protesters and the new milk monitor hooligans...

It's all criminal damage, lock them up, no excuses, deport those that don't belong here and feck those lawyers and politicians trying to be dogooders.