Subscriptions & Donations ×

Dave's Coupe "THE END"

hughezee

• Administrators

All coming together finally, the wing doesn't match the door but matches the rear quarter that has been repainted previously FFFS what is it with body shops and older cars they don't seem that bothered, although can't moan really this time. :rolleyes:

IMG-20171018-161433%5B1%5D.jpg.

• Sad 2

• Site Subscriber’s

The day after picking up the car from Stu we had a trip up to the in-law's in St. Annes on Sea. It was a joy to have the car back, especially for a long motorway journey like that and it felt smoother and quieter than ever. The wife's Jazz is a good car, but it it's no motorway cruiser.

There's still a bit of work to do on the plastic trim to tidy it up and I'll be attempting this myself over the winter and then having another go at spraying the bumper up with a rattle can when the weather warms up again.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Its back folks :rolleyes::( so thought I'd better share a quick update on Dave's coupe, the fuel tank starting leaking again this time from the front of the tank.

IMAG0397.jpg

The original repair is still holding firm, nevertheless, I decided against repairing anymore, so offered Dave the tank off the former project black.

IMAG0394.jpg

Replacement tank being prepared with marine grade rust treatment and I have to say I'm very impressed so far it drys rock solid.

IMAG0400.jpg

Now just waiting on some dinitrol rc900 to seal it up in the rust prone areas and then coat in rubberised sealer and refit.

IMAG0399.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • The topic was featured
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Well after fitting a new fuel tank Bla Bla Bla short story is the new O.S.R caliper arrived this morning and fitted, the car should be good to go for its MOT next week and yes I got excited with the 769 paint on the rusty carriers. 😂

20210327-133457.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
20 hours ago, hughezee said:

New rear brake hoses fitted (still a little air to bleed out it seems) and now return fuel line sprung a leak 😭 MOT booked for this Friday. 🙏

Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 2