Subscriptions & Donations Γ—

Honda Shuttle & Odyssey Purchase Suggestions "LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators

If the advert is to be believed then just getting an exhaust sorted πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‰πŸ™„ should put it on the road.

Haven't checked mot history but hopefully nothing else is on the cards ??!!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well i've given up my search for an Elysion mainly because I can't find the spec i'm after so my attention has turned to an Odyssey. I viewed this one yesterday and it seems perfect, ran nice and smoothly and everything worked. It needs a new battery,Β undersealing and a fresh MOT. Am i correct in thinking these are chain driven

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353535682645?

• Like 1

• Moderators

That looks to be a nice one but I would be crawling all over it with a fine toothcombeΒ  just to be sure it's what you want. Presume this is the 2.4 / four pot?

You say you can't find an Elysion in the spec you want ? Have you asked an importer to find one for you??Β 

Β 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I haven't yet spoke to an importer about getting one for me, do you know how long that normally takes?

As st123 says , around three months, but if you are looking at a 2.4 model of Elysion then there are loads around.

Just fire a request into two or three importers and see if they have one or even that they are, maybe, just waiting on delivery of one already that is already on the highseas !!!

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, st123 said:

cheaper if you import yourself and find someone to do the conversion fog light etc.

That will be the inevitable "swings and roundabouts" situation then. The importer/dealer will be responsible for the conversions, servicing, UK registration (including SVA or similar if applicable), warranty and so on.

Never having imported a vehicle i would have some trepidation about it, not because i doubt my skills/abilities to do the necessary conversions etc but more because i don't know all the ins and outs of the various laws etc that apply. I'm sure i'm not alone in this and equally sure that for a probably one-off purchase, getting to know those laws etc would be a step too far and i'd sooner pay someone else to have that grief and put a warranty on it.

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 7/26/2021 at 11:44 AM, Wolfie said:

I viewed this one yesterday and it seems perfect, ran nice and smoothly and everything worked. It needs a new battery,Β undersealing and a fresh MOT. Am i correct in thinking these are chain driven

Timing chain YES, I would just hold fire and keep searching for the car you want. 🀞

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

As st123 says , around three months, but if you are looking at a 2.4 model of Elysion then there are loads around.

Just fire a request into two or three importers and see if they have one or even that they are, maybe, just waiting on delivery of one already that is already on the highseas !!!

Ideally I'm looking for a V6 Elysion prestige with the black dash trims. I really don't like some of those orange looking wood trims. There is one for sale but it's about a 3 hour drive away. I have asked a few importers a month ago if they had any like that coming in but they were all busy buying Elgrands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

That will be the inevitable "swings and roundabouts" situation then. The importer/dealer will be responsible for the conversions, servicing, UK registration (including SVA or similar if applicable), warranty and so on.

Never having imported a vehicle i would have some trepidation about it, not because i doubt my skills/abilities to do the necessary conversions etc but more because i don't know all the ins and outs of the various laws etc that apply. I'm sure i'm not alone in this and equally sure that for a probably one-off purchase, getting to know those laws etc would be a step too far and i'd sooner pay someone else to have that grief and put a warranty on it.

This is my line of thinking too

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
38 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Cat S or N ???

Looks nice but I would want to know what the issue is , I think.

Very true, you can spot N.S rear and O.S front on the bumper corners, both smart repairsΒ πŸ”¨πŸ‘Œ easy to look for damage hiding I guess?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That needs a serious internal clean !!! " Excellent condition ",Β  hmmm,Β πŸ€”

106k miles, probably clean up nicely, is that a good price in the current climate? Seems reasonable.Β 

Really good descriptive advert, that, though !!!!!!!!!!Β Β 

Mr pedantic here , πŸ€ͺ,Β  I get sick of these km to miles conversions, not 103,000 miles,Β  someone using the 60% conversion again.Β  It's 106,500 miles.Β  I mean , really, that's the cost of another oil change difference πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

It's OK when dealing with low numbers like miles per hour, "100kph is 60mph " stuff but when you are up in the hundred thousand numbers " size does matter "  !!!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Given their lack of description, they're probably not good at communicating or maths Pete - it's somewhere close but not even including the engine size will put a lot of people off. I can also imagine the terror on at least one persons face if i bought it and gave that persona lift, driving along the motorway at 110! I could be wrong on this but i thought one of the conditions of import was the speedo should at least have something to show mph conversions? Even just a few little stickers in the right place to show 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70mph but preferably a new dial/speedo head in mph. Nothing apparently on there though.