Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Shuttle & Odyssey Purchase Suggestions "LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

the advert says 90k...

Could be whoever did the ad looked quickly and misread the mileage - i've known that before. If the ad said 70k miles then it's obviously a mistake or attempt at fraud but 90 or 99k could easily be a genuine mistake and for the sake of 9k miles on a 22 year old car, not worth trying to say it's less than it really is.

Or maybe it's just a tyop - errrr, typo even! :P

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Could be whoever did the ad looked quickly and misread the mileage - i've known that before. If the ad said 70k miles then it's obviously a mistake or attempt at fraud but 90 or 99k could easily be a genuine mistake and for the sake of 9k miles on a 22 year old car, not worth trying to say it's less than it really is.

Or maybe it's just a tyop - errrr, typo even! :P

That's why I was thinking maybe it's been up for sale for a while / previously and they forgot to amend the advert...strange you wouldn't know the mileage if you are selling it and it does say 90k in what little spiel there is, plus in the spec section it's 90k too....

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Tempting! Would make a great dogmobile! ;):D

I notice the speedo is calibrated in mph but the seller says it still registers in kmh - an oversight perhaps?

I think its a jap import, righthand drive and what they have done is changed the speedo to mph and used a converter, kmh to mph, on the drive.  The clue is the fact the speedo is calibrated to 180mph !!!!

They just change the info on there to " say" it mph but the conversion is done elsewhere....the odometer in that case will still read in km.

The Lagreat was made for the Japanese Market in States ? Canada possibly??

The Elysion replaced it in Japan 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, hughezee said:

No different to the Honda Horizon or Acura SLX both being Isuzu Troopers. 🙃

Or the Holden Gemini being a Vauxhall Chevette, albeit with an Isuzu engine and 5-speed box! I think they did a turbo version too, 2.0 thing. Lucky Aussies! :P

Talking of Vauxhalls and Isuzu, the Vauxhall Monterey was a rebadged Trooper and the Frontera was an Isuzu Brava - more motor industry incest! :o

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

I saw that one t'other day Stu, if memory serves the MoT history was a bit dodgy so i sisn't add it here. Might be thinking of another car with a dodgy moT history so don't quote me too literally on that bit! :P

Out of curiosity, if the rearmost seats are folded flat, does that level the loading floor up to the threshold?

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

if memory serves the MoT history was a bit dodgy so i sisn't add it here. Might be thinking of another car with a dodgy moT history so don't quote me too literally on that bit! :P

History wasn't to bad until recently , what bothers me is the last mot is nearly a clean pass but the year before had a long list of stuff including the exhaust , brake pipes, suspension  components etc.

If they have been sorted so they they didn't show up this year then a lot of money has been spent on it....my guess? dodgy mot. 

As Stu says , hard life.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, PTR200S said:

History wasn't to bad until recently , what bothers me is the last mot is nearly a clean pass but the year before had a long list of stuff including the exhaust , brake pipes, suspension  components etc.

If they have been sorted so they they didn't show up this year then a lot of money has been spent on it....my guess? dodgy mot. 

As Stu says , hard life.

All thoughts that occurred to me and why i didnt post it when i saw it. Was sort of thinking about it myself (as a replacement for the Volvo) and they also have a gold CR-V there that's also had a hard life, dented front wing for starters and a rotten/damaged rear wheel arch on the same side :

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295553314352?hash=item44d059ae30:g:~z0AAOSwO~ZkBEog

The towbar adds suggestion of hard work through its life too, potential gearbox problems if the fluid hasn't been changed.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

they also have a gold CR-V there that's also had a hard life

Based on my experience with these CR-Vs there's no real comparison with the over-engineered Shuttle in terms of mechanicals.

• Like 1