Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Shuttle & Odyssey Purchase Suggestions "LINKS"

hughezee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Been here since 2004 but 1996 model, wonder how the underneath has fared ?

Had a few failures on mot along the way, mostly , by the looks of it, minor stuff.....awful lot of lights issues !!!

Oil leak reported a lot.....  usual " no maintenance " type stuff as well !!! Tyres, wipers, linkages etc.

140k miles,  got to be worth a look hasn't it ???

Personally I don't like " moon roofs" but just because they look , erm, out of this world !!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, hughezee said:

should I buy it? 😆

"It is defiantly a look twice vehicle."

It'll defy you all the way if you don't Stu! :P

7 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I don't like " moon roofs"

Toyota have a lot to answer for! That's what they called the twin sunroofs in the (then new) original Space Cruiser back in the 80s and now everyone selling a slightly different vehicle (and even some selling more "normal" vehicles) insist it's a Moon Roof.

I'm guessing the mileage is actually 140000km so about 90k miles, fairly low mileage if so but is the 2.0 pokey enough for something that size with a 4WD system as well?

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

"It is defiantly a look twice vehicle."

I agree Dave, also 2.0 bit is wrong it should be a 2.2 none vtec, plus I would need to get towbar fitted?

47 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

It'll defy you all the way if you don't Stu!

I will keep an eye on it, no guarantees 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, hughezee said:

also 2.0 bit is wrong it should be a 2.2 none vtec,

That's what i was thinking or perhaps a 2.3, 2.0 for the 4WD system seems a bit odd.

I seem to recall seeing it some months back as well, the colour was familiar and also the bulbous roof at the back - might be a camper conversion candidate?

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, hughezee said:

I agree Dave, also 2.0 bit is wrong it should be a 2.2 none vtec, plus I would need to get towbar fitted?

I will keep an eye on it, no guarantees 😜

Get an Elysion,  V6 four wheel drive !!!!

• Haha 2

• Administrators
9 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Get an Elysion,  V6 four wheel drive !!!!

I went to look at one the other day, not 4WD🤐 I did like it a lot and much prefer the split rear seats and sliding door etc. Surprisingly the oddy pulled just a strong and the oddy has more boot space when all the seats are up, buggy and 6 bags of shopping. I can only think something was wrong with it and it looked very crusty underneath🤔 so still happy very happy with odyssey.👍

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Bonnet needs a respray?

Along with the "breaks"    😜😜😜😜

Still looks cheap motoring though 👍👍

Hmm, still needs an mot, expires in a week or so

Good mot history BUT showing 196k miles with consistent previous miles showing....130k on the advert....is that 196k actually Kilometres, 2019 recorded as such but not the others.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

More room up top !!! 

I think a lot of people have jumped on the camper theme hoping to make money during the pandemic...you know the one, everyone been back at work since last August EXCEPT the not very civil service !!!

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Interestingly it's done 99k miles on the mot site,  good mot record by the way, (T842 TET ) but the advert says 90k...wonder if it's been up for sale a while ?

Looks relatively good,  going a bit crusty on the rear wheel arches though...needs a bit if a poke there I think...

Is the drivers side, particularly the door a bit iffy on the paint ?? Or just the picture quality?

Inside looks really good, would have liked a driverside interior view,  unless of course the seat has taken a hit but at 99k miles it still looks a lovely place to drive in.

An engine bay clean and tidy and it would look great again under the bonnet.

It's amazing how well these buses seem to last , splendid motoring for not a great deal of money 🤫🤫🤫🤫 don't tell anyone!!!

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1