Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

I pre-paid the VAT via FedEx as it works out cheaper, so no surprises. 👍

I was monitoring my live data via scan tool, something I do every so often to make sure everything is running right.

You have OBD2? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

You have OBD2? 

I could be wrong but i think Stu has the Honda software and leads to monitor it live, I know it can be done in general with OBD-II but not sure if such an early Honda system uses the right protocols for use with a generic OBD-II scan tool.

• Like 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Yes I have the tools & the talent🤣

Thought you did Stu. As you say, it's no good having one and not the other, for example because you own a welder doesn't mean you can weld and having a gallon of milk in your fridge doesn't make you a dairy farmer either.

The good thing is you know how to use your kit and more importantly, interpret the reults. ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

The good thing is you know how to use your kit and more importantly, interpret the reults. ;):D

Thanks Dave, there have been a few coupes that I have recently fettled with similar symptoms of over-fueling, something I have seen all too often after the owner has decided to part company with the vehicle. I wanted to see the results on my coupe before recommending throwing parts at unknown niggles as my motor has always been good on fuel.
However, the F20B6 engines are renowned for the IAT sensor going bad, but there's no trouble code for it. Honda even boasted the engine had the fuel economy of diesel when they first rolled out of Swindon. So I am pleased to say one of the project accords is now living up to this claim with a new thermostat and IAT sensor.👍

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Well,  today I treated the Coupe like a another workday....Greenie was expecting a bath and a bit of a pamper as is normal over a weekend especially as it is the Cornerhouse  meet tomorrow .

Instead she got four x  3 m lengths of copper pipe rammed up her rear end through to the dashboard,  two x 4 foot by 2 foot radiator complete with packaging,  plus and assorted fixtures and fittings associated thereof. 

It probably surprised her but not as much as it did the supplier of the gear who couldn't believe how big her 21 year old bum was !!!!!!

I relented this afternoon and Greenie got her bath and poke around her innards as she expected..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Another week gone by on work duty and she still surprises me on how good an all rounder the Coupe can be despite her age...who needs a new car?

😍

• Like 5

• Moderators
6 hours ago, PTR200S said:

.who needs a new car?

I've wondered that myself a lot recently Pete. As you know my Rover was thrown off the MoT ramp by the new tester after the previous debacle and with thee weather having been grim plus ending up with osteomyelitis in my foot thanks to circumstances beyond my control, i've not really been well enough to do anything towards repairing the Rover as yet.

As such, my thoughts turned to what might be available as a short-mid term alternative to give me more time to repair/restore the Rover.

Unless i spend stupid money on a post-modern car (newer than 2000) which in the main are glorified Euroblobs or even sillier money on something pre-2000 that has half a chance of lasting beyond the next oil/filter change, there's nothing out there. Modern cars just don't cut the mustard, lack of space internally despite a huge footprint for historically small cars (the latest Fiesta is about the same size in terms of footprint as my Rover), heavy for the class of car (the Fiesta is about the same as the Rover) means it just won't do what i want it to.

Stick with the Coupe and maintain it as long as possible, i'll be doing the same with the Rover, even if i buy a stop-gap something! ;):D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

who needs a new car?

Tell this to politics. People who keep their cars for years are those who polute less but yet the most annoyed and reprimanded. Running gigantic industrial facilities, making a new model every 2 year and customers changing cars every 3 to 5 is more ecologic... 

There is no rationality when it comes to profit, 🤡 and 💰 rules the world, they'd prostitute their mother for their own interest.

• Clap Hands 3

7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Agreed on both counts, guys, those at the top, the dogooders and the green lefties just can't see past their own little eco world.

Just had an arguement with my mates who have gone on a hard line bike or bus kill the car etc or only use for essential journeys. They were pleased about recent blockades and garages running out of petrol. I pointed out the millions who need their car such as nhs workers etc were one had to take his son to hosp last week in the car.. The delivery drivers who bring their groceries and over priced craft ale. 

Then they discuss a get together down in Leicester and driving down?? Go figure.

In other news all my parts turned up, so today I'm soaking in WD all nuts n bolts involved in case that will aid removal and the job maybe 

• Confused 2

• Site Subscriber’s
5 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

and just where are "we" going in our shiny machine??

somewhere nice and warm ?? 

😎

Sainsbury's. Any excuse to take the Coop out. That's where I've been. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Chrismas said:

To be honest, it's the first time out shopping since being released from Covid Castle. 

I am out every day in my "green machine" ,,,,,,,,still short of an Elysion 😭

Upside is I enjoy my drive every day !!

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

and just where are "we" going in our shiny machine??

Few hundred miles to collect a nostalgic flea-bay purchase, nothing interesting just a fishing seat box an item that was extremely well made in the UK 25 years ago. It is in fantastic original condition (rare find) and it will be replacing the more modern equivalent which cost me over £500 🙄 I will be selling it soon, with a bit of change to spare.👍

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators

You can't beat the old stuff usually Stu! You may remember i had a modern vice that disintegrated, i replaced with a Woden (the grand-dad of Record) vice that was some 60 years old and jeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz, have i given that thing some punishment since! :o

No sign of even a chip out of it, never mind shattering while not even being used!

I'm sure fishing stools are similar in their way, also recently bought a rotary shear for sheet metal work, pretty old and the ones on fleabay now that are new for ~£50-60 aren't a patch on it, despite it looking rusty and knackered. It can (and probably will) be refurbished to look like new again which you don't have to do to your fishing stool. ;):D

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

Another long cruise this evening 😁

Excellent!!! Get some miles down, two years of on , off stuff has been a pain......have been using the Coupe for work everyday so just one long drive for me !!

Every day is a cruising day !!

• Clap Hands 2

• Founding Member

Not used the coupe much recently (been 2 weeks on hols and 2 weeks Covid!!!) , but as it is now time to swap the winter wheels & tyres for the summer ones, I did that yeaterday.  But - and isn't there always a but - nothing is simple in my life.  Battery (purchased Sept 19 so still in warranty) was dead.  Nothing, no volts at all.   All I can think is that I left the interior light on or similar. 

Battery does not want to charge up.  Forget the smart charger which needs a reverse feedback current to work.  Old dumb charger for 4 hrs brought volts to 4v. Subsequently, now there were some volts, its been on the recover function of the smart charger overnight and now seems stuck at 60%, 11.9v.  Found battery receipt which shows fitted battery type to be 075 whereas the actuall battery is type 069 (terminals the opposite way around and the 069 is correct for the coupe  but different to that on the invoice....  I see a difficult discussion to come....

Anyhow, I changed the wheels & tryes, and had a good look at the brakes & sliders whilst wheels off.  Front offside slider bolts were actually loose and in the early stages of coming off so lucky I checked....  relubed all sliders (all free) anyhow and having seen the brake pads (one anti squeal shim had come off at the front and one rear pad sort of diagonally worn, but all down below half, and the central grooves filled in by compacted brake dust!)   I decided I needed new pads al round so have ordered them (EBC & Brembo).  Will fit them when they arrive - by which time I should have sorted the battery one way of another.   Time to adjustthe handbrake up a tad and bleed the brakes (fluid showing signs of water content) when I fit the new pads.

After that, it may well be time to have another go at the aircon and the heated seats relay.... Oh, and tackle therusting rear wheel arch....

Oh the joys of motoring - not that I have done that much recently with the high fuel prices and a fleet of guzzlers....

• Like 3