Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Are they prone to breaking up then ?

I wouldn't worry too much, I am surprised you haven't changed your coupes coolant by now 😵 but the cap failure is an age and mileage thing. The inner plastic part can come apart depositing all the bits in the cooling system and sometimes the expansion tank can be overwhelmed too.🖐️

• Like 2

Had a bash at cleaning up the many scabby parts on or around the rear subframe for either a paint up or a spraying with the under sealing stuff. 

Sooooo many arms and links 😫 got a fair amount done before getting rained off and eyes filled with crud. 

I've got rusty rear wheel arches that have been "fixed" with filler in parts in the past and those fixes are failing, some crumbled off when i poked about. Is that an MOT fail?

• Like 2

About a thumb sized bit now missing on the inner turned in part near sill.

Will pop a picture up tomorrow when i get the chance. Couldn't remember what but knew there was something about the arches. That said, you see some real rotten sheds on the road and smoking away and it always makes you wonder, if mot'd, "how's that passed!?"

• Like 1

• Moderators

Got Coupe up and running today, cleaned out the inside, collection of flies, bugs etc that seem to have got in whilst its been sat in the lockup.  

Running sweetly,  all hoses intact 🤪 ran it up and down cleaning off the rusty disks, getting the engine to temperature, gearbox operation,  pumped the tyres back up a couple of pounds so all ready for 6th April mot...just got to bath it and looks like I need to have a go cleaning and polishing the alloys, sitting around has done them no favours 😕

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Nearly mot day and I thought i would get on with cleaning the alloys plus a good Solvol Autosol got them into a pretty decent state, waxed them too and with 303 protectant on the sidewalls of the tyres and it looks good.

Next up was a thorough wash and decontamination of the paint, whats left of it 😥

Followed by Poorboys Black Hole glaze, must get some more !

Then Bilt Hamber Two Speed carnauba wax....nearly five hours in now and the carplan sealant was going on, latter pretty quick.

Just got to do all the door shuts, bonnet / boot shuts, under sills and wheel arches tomorrow and it should be presentable again.

Interior possibly Sunday,  leather treatment and another good vacuum with all panels cleaned too and we are good to go !!!

Not great pics as it was a bit late and even got a cloud reflected in the front bumper, looks like missed polish !!

Coupe-clean-1-020421.jpg

Coupe-clean-3-020421.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Can I bring mine around for the same super treatment please????

Haha !!

Its just getting started on the job for me !  Once I am into it , and with no distractions , I keep going until I need my nosebag 😄😄

Must say though sometimes, when you see the dents and paint blemishes you wonder if it is worth doing 🙄

Managed the interior this morning, plus all the "shuts" but balked at the leather feeding and went out on the bike for a blast instead....essential journeys of course 😂

• Haha 2

Gave mine a wash so I could see all the scratches a little better :o and checked the condition of the ATF. Not as bad as I feared.

While washing I also spotted that the rear Hankook directional tyres had been put on the wrong sides so swapped the wheels round.

If I can get a pass I'll make a start on tidying the interior tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 3

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice run up the A49 to Shrewsbury to meet some family - outdoors of course.  Took my whole family with me for a rare road trip in the coupe with 3 passengers.  Was nearly 150 miles round trip and the car ran great!

The car now seriously needs a wash.  Althought the roads were mostly dry, there were a few wet salty patches after recent snow which have left it rather, erm, salty.  Even last night, we had snow where I live, and there was a blizzard for five minutes in Shrewsbury early afternoon.   

Stopped at the top of the Burway at Church Stretton for a cup of coffee on the way home and the sheep came around the car and started licking the salt off the wheels and lower body.  Never seen that before!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I'm almost disappointed

Its clean that !!! Although if you open the folds and look see it may not be 😜

If its is clean then at least you know someone cared about the health of the engine 👍

• Clap Hands 1

There's a little in there but doesn't warrant a change. I've seen a lot worse.

How about the pollen filter in my 9-3?

g45aECol.jpg

🤢

I'm steeling myself for the pollen filter in the Honda because from the guide it looks very much like the fitment on my old 9-5s and they were a cow to do! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

There's a little in there but doesn't warrant a change. I've seen a lot worse.

How about the pollen filter in my 9-3?

g45aECol.jpg

🤢

I'm steeling myself for the pollen filter in the Honda because from the guide it looks very much like the fitment on my old 9-5s and they were a cow to do! 

That looks bad !!!

Here is some more reading for you ,,?!!!!  Maybe a bit of help on the pollen filter.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 12:57 AM, Laird_Scooby said:

If you'd had a second cup of coffee, they would have polished it for you by rubbing their wool on it! :P

Trouble is that most sheep fleece seems to have sticks and brambles stuck in it.  Don't want that anywhere near my bodywork.  😜

• Haha 2

• Administrators
11 hours ago, RevvinKevin said:

Wheels stand out nicely with that body colour. Matches the spoiler too. Is that factory? Would have thought it would be colour coded if so.

I had the spoiler and bonnet painted black, wheels are from a later accord although not keen on the fat looking tyres though, will get those changed at some point.😜

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1