Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Site Subscriber’s
24 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Job on Coupe this morning was , bumper off, check out windscreen washer motor as it was not working. Headlights washer was OK and I have been using that for a few days to sort of help keep screen clean !!!

Apart from a couple of broken clips and a seized bolt it went without a hitch.

The connector to the motor had a load of crud on and once cleaned / contact cleaned too the motor ran perfectly at full power, better than it has been for quite a while. 

Paul was right when he said his had same problem......I have a spare Chinese copy motor in the spares now !!

My pump was knackered / seized, and replaced it 2 years ago with the Amazon Chinese copy, which fitted easily. Still going strong today! Originals are quite expensive, or unobtainable I believe.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

With a couple of weeks gone by since sorting the washers and general checks I though it was time to go over it again.

It's currently my only transport and has been working for a living since beginning of last November when the Elysion was involved in an altercation with a car...

It's amazing how much grime and dust accumulates in every day use so the vac was in full action plus all carpet mats out for a good clean including the use of fabric cleaner, belge carpets not good in a working vehicle !!! They have come up a treat though 😁

A soft brush on the vac made quick work of the dashboard controls and took everything out that shouldn't be there 😂 Another month or so and the leather will get its annual treat but already a much nicer cabin to be in...

Bonnet up, struts are just about keeping on top of the weight,  all fluid checked,  nothing used , Bonnet down !!

Just got to give it a good external wash and blow dry and check the tyre pressures later this saffy and its good to go again.....bar the weeping shock 😛

Just love this motor 😍

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
10 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I had recently treated my coupe to some more shiny parts and Rock Auto has just cancelled my order and refunded me?

😧

Ask 'em why! 

Probably confusing UK with Ukraine. I've heard that before. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

No explanation apart from it saying the carrier FedEx made a mistake?

Thought that was Hermes that made "mistakes" !!!

Seriously though, you need to get Rock Auto to come clean, didn't they do this before too ?

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Thought that was Hermes that made "mistakes" !!!

Herpes is re-branding as EVRi, no I can't imagine things improving either. 🙃😆

12 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Seriously though, you need to get Rock Auto to come clean, didn't they do this before too ?

I cannot recall a similar situation with R.A, nevertheless, customer services apologised, reactivated my discount code and said I could re-order???

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators

Coupe fluid check today, everything bang on except the washer fluid 🤣🤣

Going to give it a bath today, I can hardly see out the windows !!  Field dirt is everywhere....

Then I will see if I can fit my rear screen "Vtec" decal.

• Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Field dirt is everywhere....

Probably Sahara dust, covered the whole country not so long back.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/dust-from-sahara-desert-sweeps-over-europe-turning-the-sky-a-rusty-brown/ar-AAV9tH6

Both of mine are covered in orangey-brown dust, i know it's not filed dust as that's black round here. :o

• Like 1

New rubbish bland plate swapping over for mot as I'm guessing the semi shattered one is a fail. Gutted original one has gone. Guy in the shop was interested by it and even came out for a gander. Said he knows a few that might like that reg?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lppafo75ugs7ifj/20220326_135151.jpg?dl=0

Also buffing out the damage caused.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ws27y7nzfoal0z/20220326_135230.jpg?dl=0

Gap under o/s headlamp  ☹

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73825hgiymgxptu/20220326_135212.jpg?dl=0

Could have been worse. This is the Fiesta after it had been put back together and tidied up. Dinted bonnet out of shot and lower fascia split in two

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4dzv4y3oxkxkey/20220321_151741.jpg?dl=0

• Like 2

Some gentle t.cutting to remove contact damage and rubbings.

A quick contemplation about sacking off the plate holder was soon binned in favour of "just get on with it".

Noticed our bumpers are polystyrene filled when poked about. I think that has definitely contributed to not being worse off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxbk8wxfq18mk4z/20220326_150603.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Andy Mc said:

New rubbish bland plate swapping over for mot as I'm guessing the semi shattered one is a fail. Gutted original one has gone. Guy in the shop was interested by it and even came out for a gander. Said he knows a few that might like that reg?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lppafo75ugs7ifj/20220326_135151.jpg?dl=0

Also buffing out the damage caused.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ws27y7nzfoal0z/20220326_135230.jpg?dl=0

Gap under o/s headlamp  ☹

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73825hgiymgxptu/20220326_135212.jpg?dl=0

Could have been worse. This is the Fiesta after it had been put back together and tidied up. Dinted bonnet out of shot and lower fascia split in two

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4dzv4y3oxkxkey/20220321_151741.jpg?dl=0

The reg font on the new plate looks odd, very narrow...and the "5" shows a different font too.....unless it's the pic angle ??

Minor damage, soon polish out !! 

Gap looks big as you say, will bumper bend up off the bracket? Had this problem twice in the rear of mine, ooh err, missus , after it was hit in two separate and unrelated instances a couple of weeks apart .,I managed to bend the mounts up slightly with a big pole...scaffold, not bloke...🤣

Looks pretty good now after your efforts,  ...the Fiesta? Not so much 🙃

• Like 4

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

Some gentle t.cutting to remove contact damage and rubbings.

A quick contemplation about sacking off the plate holder was soon binned in favour of "just get on with it".

Noticed our bumpers are polystyrene filled when poked about. I think that has definitely contributed to not being worse off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxbk8wxfq18mk4z/20220326_150603.jpg?dl=0

Looks great that now, well done that man !!

New reg plate looks better now it on , must be the previous pic ... 🙃

• Like 1

New plate still had cover on it for pic. The font is smaller and doesn't fill it up as much as original does, which i thought odd. But cheers, only a small job but nice to have 5mins in good weather and tackle a job undisturbed for a change.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

New plate still had cover on it for pic. The font is smaller and doesn't fill it up as much as original does, which i thought odd. But cheers, only a small job but nice to have 5mins in good weather and tackle a job undisturbed for a change.

Wonder if they have used the "new" font requirements??? You need to "have a word" and get them to replicate the original sizes, if they can't,  go elsewhere  !!!!!

They really should use the pre 2001 font, trouble is even the legislation is vague as no actual named font is in the legislation.   The Charles Wright font is the one usually named by suppliers but that is NOT in the legislation which vaguely refers to the "prescribed" font with examples.

The problem arises when numberplate suppliers use the Charles Wright font as the go to one...

In 2021 the government changed it again slightly,  check out "w" and "m" with their central pointed or cutoff lines.

The legislation just says in the prescribed font or a style substantially similar to the prescribed font....all very vague but suppliers need to stick with one size fits all....

It's a big problem on imported vehicles which have different size plates but the legislation allows for smaller letters and numbers to be used....pre 1969 trials / small motorcycles have an even smaller plate and font but just try finding a main stream supplier !!!

As an aside, have the use of "3 and 4d" letters been stopped now ???

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

You know when you read something quickly and don't read it correctly? You don't want to know how i accidentally read that line! :P:lol:

Think that should have read "poorboys " .....makes all the difference in interpretation 😛😛😛😛

• Haha 3

• Administrators

Well, my R.A order finally arrived mid-week, so today I decided to fit my new WVE 5S1001 (NGK/NTK made) air intake temp sensor. I was getting some odd readings intermittently and that will affect fuel economy greatly, running even better even now.👍

20220401_143217[1].jpg20220401_143411[1].jpg

A new Denso air filter to follow 😁

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
3 hours ago, hughezee said:

Well, my R.A order finally arrived mid-week, so today I decided to fit my new WVE 5S1001 (NGK/NTK made) air intake temp sensor. I was getting some odd readings intermittently and that will affect fuel economy greatly, running even better even now.👍

20220401_143217[1].jpg20220401_143411[1].jpg

A new Denso air filter to follow 😁

Hey Stu. Did you get stung by any customs duty on arrival? Also, how were you taking the readings for the air intake? 

• Like 2

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Did you get stung by any customs duty on arrival?

I pre-paid the VAT via FedEx as it works out cheaper, so no surprises. 👍

30 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Also, how were you taking the readings for the air intake? 

I was monitoring my live data via scan tool, something I do every so often to make sure everything is running right.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

I pre-paid the VAT via FedEx as it works out cheaper, so no surprises. 👍

Best way of doing it Stu, as you say no nasty surprises and no having to pay RM £8 for the prtivilege of connecting the Customs payment and oassing it to HMRC on your behalf. ;):D