Subscriptions & Donations ×

Lowering & Coilovers Chat 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

hughezee

• Administrators

That sounds like a cunning plan, Dave, more cunning than a fox with a degree in cunning from Cambridge!  Makes sense, the guy could do all our 3 coupes (Stu's, Richard's and mine) all in one hit and for a discount, we could add his logo/link to the Honda 6 home page/Facebook page with photos and comments?  :ph34r:

Think Retro Rich could be up for this to :huh: Pending Triumph

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

The 2.0/3.0 after-market or lowering spring kits are interchangeable, although the stock shocks and springs are slightly different  to compensate for the extra weight of the J30A V6 lump. I did some experiments on both a 2.0 & 3.0 with a couple of kits and the Eibach looked & felt better on the 2.0 in my opinion ;)

Cheers buddy thanks for the info.

AshyV6 if you're reading this I looked at your profile pic love how your coupe sits are they 17s or 18s also do you have any more pics?

I've been looking at the American forums some are using coilover sleeves on standard shocks, I didn't think that was possible.

• Founding Member
2 hours ago, abz2005 said:

Cheers buddy thanks for the info.

AshyV6 if you're reading this I looked at your profile pic love how your coupe sits are they 17s or 18s also do you have any more pics?

I've been looking at the American forums some are using coilover sleeves on standard shocks, I didn't think that was possible.

Thank you Abz.

I'd like the fronts a bit lower and may consider this later but I know that I'd compromise the ride too much. 

Our coupes sit on stilts and looks wrong. Lots of the guys in the states rolled their arches to accommodate the wheels/tires. Tein shocks, springs and coilovers are popular over there. 

My coupe is sitting on original Honda 17's, H&R springs and Koni Str shocks. Massive improvement on ride, handling and so much more confident. 

There was another member on 18's/19's on his 2.0 and the drop was perfect but I can't remember his name. Stu will remember. 

Amazing looking coupes guys.

I think the problem with the lowering springs is that I don't have the weight of the 3.0 in the front so mine might sit a little higher, 

I'm being silly now but I've seen some 20s on ebay but I think that's pushing it lol. I might stick to 17s or 18s.

Ashy couple of questions:

What side lights are you using?

Where did you get the clear rear lights?

• Founding Member
17 minutes ago, abz2005 said:

Amazing looking coupes guys.

I think the problem with the lowering springs is that I don't have the weight of the 3.0 in the front so mine might sit a little higher, 

I'm being silly now but I've seen some 20s on ebay but I think that's pushing it lol. I might stick to 17s or 18s.

Ashy couple of questions:

What side lights are you using?

Where did you get the clear rear lights?

I think 19's would look very nice indeed as the arches are massive BUT the ride would be seriously compromised. 18's are spot on. 

i have just looked for the links for the lights and can't find either...sorry!

The rears are Depo Crystal Clear lights from the US and the sides are just clear replacement indicators/repeaters that were from Germany. I wanted crystal clears for the sides but I never found them and tried other Honda alternatives but were never spot on.

• Founding Member
5 hours ago, abz2005 said:

Thanks for the quick replies, Ashy I meant the side lights in the headlights did you use LEDS? 

My shopping list is getting longer and longer every time I come on this site lol

Sorry I misunderstood you. They are 360 degree 1.5watt 501 LEDs. I've attached a link which is similar to mine and I didn't need to add a resistor in mine. I've had these same ones for at least 6-7 years. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-Xenon-LED-Light-9-LED-SMD-Car-Light-Bulb-W5W-T10-501-light-1-5W-FP7-/272228915574?hash=item3f621b9976:g:uH4AAOSwYmZXJQ2Z

• 9 months later...
  • Moderators

At the risk of being jumped on for resurrecting this thread I just wondered if the suspension that you guys are now using is all you expected?

Over the last few days the height of the stock suspension at the rear of the Coupe is beginning to annoy me. It looks like its been kicked up the backend.

Now, either the suspension is incorrect that is on the car or something is not right... do all the Coupe look this way, it seems as if lots of you have modded the suspension, was it because of the look?

I have always been a fan of adjustable platforms is this something anyone has used.?

• Like 3

• Founding Member

All I'd say is that the car looks like it's on stilts.....they were built like this. Would never go back to the OEM springs/shocks......rides like on rails now and has maintained excellent comfort levels albeit a little firmer.

This is my before and after.

image.thumb.jpeg.ba9400089a1c11fdacfa878d6b8e81e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4e4fd0cbd487b076ac593f9832a3b3b4.jpeg

The only thing I don't like is that the front still looks high. Not sure if I'll ever do anything about this as any lower I think the ride will be compromised. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Holy thread resurrection Batman! :lol:

How much of a drop have you done on yours Ahsy? I think any lower and not only would the ride be compromised but the underside of the car would get intimate with speed humps as well! That's an expensive hobby! :o;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Wow, love that look, Ahsy, thats how it should have looked from the factory :D

Is this just the h&r drop springs ,,,,,, or the koni shocks that you talked about that you changed too? Or did you go standard shocks again?

• Like 3

• Administrators

I have some Konis and SPAX springs and I am very happy with my setup, vastly improved handling and strangely more comfortable ride and no problems with the bumps or craters in our roads ^_^ so I would highly recommend tweaking your motor Pete, you won't look back...

• Like 3

• Moderators

It seems to me that the rear end of my car is too high, the car definitely has a nose down attitude that appears to be more than most cars.

Are the coupes prone to soggy front suspension?  Or is the nose down normal on standard setup?

• Like 2

• Founding Member

I don't know about a soggy front end but the car definitely starts off quite deep/high at the back and gets shallower/low as you follow it to the front. Even the chrome around the side rear/front windows points donwards towards the front. With that said the bottom line stays parallel with the ground. 

That front thin end can look very ugly at some angles imo.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 10/03/2017 at 8:13 PM, AhsyV6 said:

I don't know about a soggy front end but the car definitely starts off quite deep/high at the back and gets shallower/low as you follow it to the front. Even the chrome around the side rear/front windows points donwards towards the front. With that said the bottom line stays parallel with the ground. 

That front thin end can look very ugly at some angles imo.

I know what you mean, yes bottom is pretty parallel,  maybe it's where i park it as its slightly down hill and front ways down. So when I i walk up to it i approach from the rear and it really stands out to me then:(

The rear bumper then looks too high or doesn't extend down low enough and consequently all the suspension etc is on view..

Perhaps i need to park it the other way round and then I wont see it :rolleyes:;):P

• Like 4

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

Have you considered the OEM body kit? Or is that overkill for you? 

Yes, did think about this but haven't actually got that far yet...!

Are they still available ? or is there a copy version ,,,,that's any good of course?:rolleyes:

• Like 2