Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe CG2-CG4 Tail/ Rear lights "THOUGHTS"

hughezee

• Founding Member
On 04/11/2014 at 4:12 PM, hughezee said:

After some faffing to seal these lights up properly here is a quick pic  ;)

DSC03621.jpg

I don't care what anyone says......it just knocks off years off the coupe without it looking tacky.

It looks lovely mate!

• Administrators

Thanks m8y defo looks fresher  ;) however I've now put it back to stock  :ph34r: unless I can source a matching centre cluster that has a clearer reversing light lenses so it all looks right they will remain on the shelf, unless retro rich fancies them in the meantime  :lol:

• Founding Member

I don't care what anyone says......it just knocks off years off the coupe without it looking tacky.

It looks lovely mate!

Don't agree, they just look cheap and tacky IMO, the back end of the Coupe looks good anyway why make it worse? Each to their own though it's not as if I can say it's spoilt your car Ashy, or maybe your car is too shiny for me to see them properly  ;)

Glad to hear you have gone back to stock, did you give them a polish while they were off?

• Founding Member

Thanks m8y defo looks fresher  ;) however I've now put it back to stock  :ph34r: unless I can source a matching centre cluster that has a clearer reversing light lenses so it all looks right they will remain on the shelf, unless retro rich fancies them in the meantime  :lol:

I am disappointed you've taken them off:(

I have searched over the years for crystal reverse lights but I've never come across them. However if you do then please let me know.

• Administrators

I am disappointed you've taken them off:(

I have searched over the years for crystal reverse lights but I've never come across them. However if you do then please let me know.

I think they look great but as I've said before think they look better on darker colour car or maybe it's my black spoiler that's conflicting the look  :mellow: no prob's though it just so happens i have a dark purple coupe to play with  :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • Founding Member

28th Sean.  Well....18 green bags later (and more tonight) I think we've broke the back of it.  It's nightmare stuff, how the hell it clings to the bricks I don't know, had to get a chisel under it so I can pull it off.  Once it's done it's done though, spray the stump bit with weedkiller and 'jobs a good 'un'.  Me no likey this gardening lark!  :(

• Like 1

• Founding Member

:lol:  :lol:   And me.  We're also clearing the back garden which means digging out the grass, putting plastic down and then dumping a few tons gravel.  All the plants will then be in pots.  When you're at work all day, the last thing you want to do is go home and starting digging!

Weekends are reserved for our cars, of course.  ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Just a quick follow up on the wiring, chopped the new lights loom as it has the wrong plug and stripped back the sheath on the old wires and soldered on, you never know when you might need to revert back to stock as they use S8 3057 bulbs and these aren't readily available in the UK as I found after dropping one bulb :rolleyes: I found some LED ones though: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221471356362

100-2333.jpg100-2337.jpg

Job done ;)

• Like 3