Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord 3.0 V6 Bad Engine Mount "FAILURE & FIX"

hughezee

• Administrators

Looks okay for now Pete, if it was my motor I would definitely be replacing it though, as once they do fail they put allot stress on the differential on the gearbox and both coupes I've seen with failed diffs have seriously deteriorated mounts. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord 3.0 V6 Bad Engine Mount "FAILURE & FIX"
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
9 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

When it starts or when you put it into "D"? Or both?

Just on start, little bit in D, but that's normal in most automatics I've had. When it's warm, it seems to start with no lurching. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Mine has soldiered on since last look but I did notice this last few weeks that it "knocks" once on start up (twice on the pipes  !!! ) now.

Not unlike the knock of the top engine mount on a mini, the original version of yesteryear!!

Looks like one is on the cards,  any place good to supply genuine or an aftermarket part ??

Edit: just thinking now that  I did notice the gear changes a bit less than subtle in recent weeks...

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
14 hours ago, hughezee said:

I am making a USA order soon, I will PM you a price...👌

Mine wobbles a little on start up, but settles once running. Could be the start of it failing. Please let me know the price too. 

• Like 4

• Founding Member
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Please let me know the price too

And me please - though is OK now, it will go shortly so it will be handy to have a spare to hand....

• Like 4

• Administrators
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Just seen these Stu, what do you reckon?

Yup that looks right Pete 👍 same OEM number: 50820-S87-A81, although they do have some incorrect info regards compatible vehicles and years but thats eBay.😏

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s
22 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Just seen these Stu, what do you reckon?

Presumably the "dry" version....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334016568242?

Ok, which one of you lot have just gone and bought the last one? I bought mine this morning, but I've had this message  

Hi there,

Many thanks for ordering with us!

We are incredibly sorry to inform you that due to the unavailability of the stock we will need to issue a refund for this order.

We’ve tried really hard to source this with other companies but unfortunately, nobody has been able to help us. We are deeply sorry for letting you down! Please expect your refund in 1-2 days.

Regards
Energized Customs

• Sad 3

• Moderators

Not me !!

Only just got in from work and left early this morning,,,,before the internet was up 😂😂😂😂😂

Still says there are 2 left on my refreshed screen ?? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Confused 2

• Site Subscriber’s
15 hours ago, hughezee said:

They have another listing for the same part: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334016568242

It is now listed as out of stock as well. I messaged these guys, and apparently they can't source them here at the moment. They get them from Poland, and they are pattern parts, not OEM, and again, can't source them there either.

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/50820s87a81?gadw=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw14uVBhBEEiwAaufYx_yhmOslxPy7ZzEkcaB6iwHUNt3m2Epk_jyD8mywaf4K2cdxKCYm8xoCOWEQAvD_BwE

It would appear Autodoc have them. I've used them before and they're pretty good, so long as you are confident of the part numbers. Might treat myself to a bigger order to justify the carriage costs.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Chrismas said:

They get them from Poland, and they are pattern parts, not OEM, and again, can't source them there either.

The genuine OEM ones are in excess of 100 notes each and I have been using a solid aftermarket mount for a few years now and no complaints.👍

2 hours ago, Chrismas said:

It would appear Autodoc have them. I've used them before and they're pretty good

That's subject to personal experience and most wouldn't agree, including me 😆 just too many incorrectly listed and illustrated parts. 😆 Also I would avoid FEBEST parts if you can, they never last long...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1