Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord 3.0 V6 Bad Engine Mount "FAILURE & FIX"

hughezee

• Administrators

One of the local Coupe clan popped over today with a problem  :o and he had been feeling a thumping sensation on start up and when changing gear <_<which was steadily getting worse, now it has failed completely.  :(

DSC03357.jpgDSC03358.jpgDSC03360.jpgDSC03361.jpg

Filled it with a liquid gasket as a temporary measure and it did improve things a little.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrators

Several mounts I've replaced haven't been as obvious as oil everywhere if it's been left a while and dried up, the best thing is to try and move the engine near the mount and if flops about easily very likely the mount is gone or look for splits, but not easily spotted given its location I know :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Well, a beautiful sunny and warm start to the day, absolutely delightful.  A movement test of the engine near the mount revealed a fair amount of play, so then out with the camera.  Light levels in the engine bay were so low that I couldn't get the camera to autofocus and I had to bring out the flashgun. 

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Excellent piece of investigative work Charles. Will be interesting to see what a difference it makes to your shifts?

Ditto lovely sunny day but a shame about the forecasted rest of the weekend!

• Like 2