Subscriptions & Donations ×

All Accord Projects or Purchase Suggestions “EXTERNAL LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Josh98 said:

I really hope that one's good and you buy it mate, i'd love to have a fellow aerodeck owner! 

I think I would definitely like another, had three Aerodecks and two Tourers in my life already, I really want an estate again but that means either the Coupe or the Elysion would have to go.😭 

The Elysion has a towbar so if that goes then estate needs to have one as well 😜 Coupe  wouldn't look right with a towie !!!

The only downside is the Aerodeck is getting on at least 25 years old from the last registered stuff...then it's Tourers...should have kept my 2.4 😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s
2 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I think I would definitely like another, had three Aerodecks and two Tourers in my life already, I really want an estate again but that means either the Coupe or the Elysion would have to go.😭 

The Elysion has a towbar so if that goes then estate needs to have one as well 😜 Coupe  wouldn't look right with a towie !!!

The only downside is the Aerodeck is getting on at least 25 years old from the last registered stuff...then it's Tourers...should have kept my 2.4 😭😭😭😭😭

Let me know if you don't go for that one, if you were interested i'd still potentially be up for selling the red one on? Im not interested in making any money on it, I pretty much bought it because I wanted to save it, it's too nice for anybody to buy and turn into a lowered chav wagon with daft wheels 😂 It has the added advantage of having a towbar already and i've gone all out and bought brand new OEM everything and a few aftermarket service parts ready to go straight on it

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Another one for the mix :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212192626493

c0aaef80d2ab4beaad8f4ce63d657183.jpg

Not sure on the price but think it's a bit £OUCH!

Yeah, for that sort of money I could get an import Tourer, 07/08 plate,  from Rasp. !!!!!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202209019323496

Edit:   Bugger, says its sold now !!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

A potential viewing on an Aerodeck a couple of days ago has been put on hold due to an alternator failure on said car !!! 

Josh has one too !!!

I don't recall ever having alternator problems on Aerodecks but funnily enough I had to change one on a Tourer a couple of years back...

Alternators always seem pretty robust...moved on from dynamos, apparently 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nippon Denso alternators have a secret weapon Pete - the retifier. It can develop an intermittent fault causing battery drain, worth keeping that under your hat and going for a viewing if the seller can charge the battery.

• Sad 1

• Site Subscriber’s
On 4/1/2023 at 4:47 PM, PTR200S said:

A potential viewing on an Aerodeck a couple of days ago has been put on hold due to an alternator failure on said car !!! 

Josh has one too !!!

I don't recall ever having alternator problems on Aerodecks but funnily enough I had to change one on a Tourer a couple of years back...

Alternators always seem pretty robust...moved on from dynamos, apparently 🤣🤣🤣

Has said car been parked for an extended period? I have a feeling they don't cope well with lack of use, as both my others have never had problems and yet my newest purchase has barely covered 1000 miles in 6 years and it's died 😕

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Josh98 said:

Has said car been parked for an extended period? I have a feeling they don't cope well with lack of use, as both my others have never had problems and yet my newest purchase has barely covered 1000 miles in 6 years and it's died 😕

I think you may well be right, one I intended to look at has done around 600 miles in at a minimum,  five years.... and it died completely.  Wonder if condensation plays a part, the orientation of the alternator and cooling vents allowing water inside...

• Like 1

Another one that I just had to post from marketplace. This is a 6th gen but euro accord, it's only the 1.8 manual version but its in a beautiful Milano red. The bodywork looks mint for its age and mileage. Current owner has owned the car since it was on 30k. Recent cambelt done, K&N induction, BC racing coilovers. £1,800 Swindon.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/713373383916769/

Screenshot-2023-04-10-10-23-11-19-a23b20

Screenshot-2023-04-10-10-34-35-50-a23b20

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Someone who follows me on Instagram has a 2.0i ES , manual for sale. Just failed its MOT. Sounds like he's about to weigh it in, which is a shame. He's here. https://www.instagram.com/hulloautoeclectic/

Don't forget, follow ME on Instagram as well !!!!  https://www.instagram.com/streetkaaccord/

• Confused 2

• Moderators

Seems to have done little / no miles in past couple of years and just a few hundred in several previous years...apart from the incorrect entry on the mot a few years back !!!!!

90k miles in 2007....2023 ..107k......hmmm...and it looks , exterior and interior,  like 200k !!!!

That would tidy up I am sure...had it been a manual I may have been tempted...the best aerodeck I had was a 1995 version 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thought this might be interesting as a work hack..saving the Elysion from more abuse (which it puts up with admirably! )........looked good on the advert.....well looked after, serviced etc, etc..

Just look up the list of mot failure information on the dvla mot site, including severe corrosion, emissions, missing cats, tyres etc...

...clean mot now  ???? !!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166455869468

• Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Maybe a "dealer MoT" that will get you through a year or so then throw problems up. Seems to have a recurrent corrosion problem on the rear end of the sills area though. :o

That's what I thought, dealer mot !!.  The list is too long for me, corrosion in the rear sills is a turnoff for a start. Eml lights,  missing cat, (missing sensors? ) rear bumper mounts etc..... yuck... quite a few hundred right there plus labour...

wonder how much was actually "fixed " ?? 

2k for a years running then maybe scrap ??? Shame but unless I could see that list of fails cleared off legimately I think it's a no, no...

That white Aerodeck that Josh found would do me, as he said , more pics would help,  1500 quid ..but then that wouldn't be a work hack 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1