Subscriptions & Donations ×

All Accord Projects or Purchase Suggestions “EXTERNAL LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

Lovely car. Looks similar to the Nissan Bluebird, especially with the wheel styling. 

I've never looked at them that way before - now you mention it there are definite overtones of not only the FWD Bluebird but also the last of the RWD Bluebirds.

Nice car and for a 1985 car, rare to find cruise control as standard! ;):D

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to All Accord Projects or Purchase Suggestions “EXTERNAL LINKS"
  • The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...

Found this hidden gem on eBay. 69k for a 1990 model, 2.0ltr engine with a manual transmission, £3000. This one doesn't have the aged brown coloured interior, but simple grey/black 😂👍 Clean and consistent history. I have a soft spot for these from my childhood and In my opinion think this is the best accord they made. Bigger luxury variants were made based off the CB7 chassis, Vigor, Ascot and Inspire, for anyone who knows.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185671465223?

Screenshot-2022-11-25-20-15-39-79-260528

• Like 3

• Moderators

That really looks a nice example on the outside and inside.. do I need this??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mot history looks great !!! 69k miles, what's not to like !!

Never actually had this version of the sedan, had the very last, year before, version sedan but then moved into Aerodecks ( 2× 2.2 and one 2.0 version) for the next few years 😂

I always loved my EX and would have probably gone for this version that you posted as the next car but an estate was a requirement at the time .

Sorry about pic quality !!

accord_1990_ish_1.jpg

accord_1990_ish_2.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is probably something I need to look at following the theme above .

I had an m reg model, same colour, fabulous car, very, very reliable.  When I sold it the person that bought lived over 200 miles away and drove it home. They rang to thank me, they said it was so easy to drive, comfortable and got them home in style!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195470598780

16694646933362823717837579706420.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

That really looks a nice example on the outside and inside.. do I need this??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mot history looks great !!! 69k miles, what's not to like !!

Never actually had this version of the sedan, had the very last, year before, version sedan but then moved into Aerodecks ( 2× 2.2 and one 2.0 version) for the next few years 😂

I always loved my EX and would have probably gone for this version that you posted as the next car but an estate was a requirement at the time .

Sorry about pic quality !!

accord_1990_ish_1.jpg

accord_1990_ish_2.jpg

😍 Looks very nice. The nostalgia 👌👍 Twin rear fogs, much better and symmetrical, than having the odd one. 

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

This is probably something I need to look at following the theme above .

I had an m reg model, same colour, fabulous car, very, very reliable.  When I sold it the person that bought lived over 200 miles away and drove it home. They rang to thank me, they said it was so easy to drive, comfortable and got them home in style!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195470598780

16694646933362823717837579706420.jpg

I'm already on the case with this one, I have never seen one with front fog lights like that. It has me very curious.
Going to ring tomorrow and arrange to go and see it I think (I'm stupid)

And just as an aside, if anybody wants a 5th gen coupe: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275538821963
This one's absolutely gorgeous, i'm honestly considering selling the civic for this!
s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

I had several cars on my shortlist for the Volvo replacement, one of which was the 5th gen Accord Aerodeck, preferably in Malachite Green, 2.2iES auto. I go and buy the CR-V and look what's popped up!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175664061795

s-l1600.jpg

Wouldn't have paid £10k for it though! :o

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I had several cars on my shortlist for the Volvo replacement, one of which was the 5th gen Accord Aerodeck, preferably in Malachite Green, 2.2iES auto. I go and buy the CR-V and look what's popped up!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175664061795

s-l1600.jpg

Wouldn't have paid £10k for it though! :o

Had a 2.2 ES long time back, fabulous car, would love this but worry about such low milage examples as they are perceived as "investments "

They command high prices for the low miles, so much so, that you wouldn't want to use it much as the more miles you pile on the more depreciation sets in.

I see this a lot with motorcycles,  many costing so much they need to be left off the road , probably in the conservatory!!  Once used the depreciation can be horrendous. 

On the other hand,,,It's very nice !!!

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Let us know how it goes Pete!

Still slightly miffed about that 2.2 Aerodeck turning up after getting the CRV, Sods Law and all that malarkey but i wouldn't have paid what they want for the Aerodeck anyway.

Just so happens to be the exact spec i would have looked for though. Typical! .............. just look at what you could have won! 🙄

• Site Subscriber’s

I've been eyeing it up too since I saw it yesterday naturally, way out of my budget though! I didn't pay that much for the 3 that i've got already 😦

Still need to get the new red one an alternator sorted 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Josh98 said:

I've been eyeing it up too since I saw it yesterday naturally, way out of my budget though! I didn't pay that much for the 3 that i've got already 😦

Still need to get the new red one an alternator sorted 🤦‍♂️

Oi, Oi !!!! You are at maximum capacity !!! 

Leave some for the rest of us !!!!  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is the red one just the alternator to do , happy with everything else ??

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

I can't afford or fit any more on my drive now! 😅

Yeah the new red one's a lovely car, the engine bay and alternator look really well kept so i'm guessing its broken mostly because its not had much use for quite a few years ☹️ Its the actual rotor that's gone

I really hope that one's good and you buy it mate, i'd love to have a fellow aerodeck owner! 

• Like 2