Subscriptions & Donations ×

Matt's Coupe

LeedsMatt

• Moderators
15 hours ago, LeedsMatt said:

The patch hasn't dried up over a few days now so I don't think it's just water. 

I am on the ps camp too from your description,plus location...  not water and yet not engine oil...doesn't dry up 😢

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Hope the source of the leak lasts until the meet.... 

I suggest you dip a measure (ice lolly stick will do) into the power steering fluid tank now, then draw a line at the level, then repeat daily to see if there is any fluid loss.  For good measure I would do the same with the brake fluid....   The fluid on the floor is coming from somewhere and you need to know what to fill up before it runs out....

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

It's surprising how well they can come up with just somer T-Cut and hand effort - a power drill (cordless work well as they're slower than mains powered) with a 3" polishing pad works even better/quicker. Nice job there too! ;):D

• Like 2

• Founding Member
On 4/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, LeedsMatt said:

The sun is out in Leeds! Took the opportunity to give my headlights a buff. Looks pretty good considering I don't have power tools!

PXL_20230404_090600618.jpg

20230404103749_IMG_2204.JPG

They’ve come out a treat mate. What did you use to seal them? 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I did mine a couple of weeks ago Ahsy, not quite complete as my cordless drill battery died (and i totally forgot i had 2 spares fully charged! 🙄 ) but when i finish them off on the CR-V (Accord in a breeze-block dress) and the Jag later this year, i plan on using this :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151172691767?var=450227805831

Cut to size plus a little over, use a heat gun to mould it to the shape of the headlamp then do the soapy water thing, peel off the backing and put it in place, squeegee it off using the heat gun to help it stick in all the "curvy" places and to get rid of any bubbles, let it dry out completely then trim the excess with a scalpel/razor blade/Stanley knife or similar.

If/when it goes opaque, peel it off and put some new on. No problems with different thicknesses of spray lacquer or having to remove the lacquer next time round. It also rejects most of the UV radiation so less chance of the lenses going opaque to start with.

Also it will help prevent breakages from low flying stones etc. I have heard of some people using ceramic sealant like is used on the paintwork, it's a reasonably new product so nobody really knows how long it'll last on headlamps though. That's why i like the idea of the clear film.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Brilliant, glad it's still running well mate :) Will hopefully catch you at some meets/shows again this year

• Like 2