Subscriptions & Donations ×

Matt's Coupe

LeedsMatt

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LeedsMatt said:

I couldn't really see the level from the outside of the bottle

Not being funny but if i can see it on the photo then you should be able to - maybe view it from the passenger side to get a better view?

Is that the brake fluid warning light that's lit up then?

Yes because it is (!) instead of (P) - P for parking brake! The (!) is a warning of low fluid level which being right on MIN or maybe even lower (difficult to tell from the camera angle) is enough to trigger the float contacts.

Brake pedal doesn't feel odd at all.

It won't yet, chances are the rear brakes have adjusted themselves recently and the reservoir is accordingly lower. If the brake pedal was feeling odd before the warning light came on, it would already be too late! :blink:

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, LeedsMatt said:

Is that the brake fluid warning light that's lit up then?

Just a quick tip, once the brake lamp warning light comes on 💡 the system sometimes needs to cycle 🙃 basically change the bulb the turn on ignition and if the brake lamp warning light is still illuminated start the engine and press the brake pedal and if all is well the warning light should go out, just leaving the handbrake/ fluid light on.

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Ok I'm an absolute idiot and I hadn't released the handbrake after I was checking the warning lights after replacing the bulb. So yeah it's fine now. 

It's been a long week, I'm not this daft normally 😂😂

• Haha 3

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, LeedsMatt said:

Ok I'm an absolute idiot and I hadn't released the handbrake after I was checking the warning lights after replacing the bulb.

Not going to sugarcoat it but it did cross my mind. 🤣

• Haha 2

• 8 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Over the last couple of weeks my car has started sounding a bit rough, kinda rattly when started from cold. It seems to get better once the engine is warmed up. Oil level is fine, I'm having it serviced tomorrow.

I know I'm not giving much to go on (as you know I'm far from an expert with this stuff haha). Should I ask the guy to check anything that might be going wrong etc?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators
38 minutes ago, LeedsMatt said:

My aircon isn't blowing cold anymore. I'm starting to think the corroded pipe at the bottom is letting the pressure out maybe?

Sorry to hear this Matt, if there was a serious enough leak on the system the machine wouldn't have refilled it. However, I have experienced this issue before with the condenser leaking when pressurised. So I would check that for moist patches or anything on the system that looks obvious as leaking as I can't imagine aluminium surface oxidization on pipes being the issue?

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
31 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Sorry to hear this Matt, if there was a serious enough leak on the system the machine wouldn't have refilled it. However, I have experienced this issue before with the condenser leaking when pressurised. So I would check that for moist patches or anything on the system that looks obvious as leaking as I can't imagine aluminium surface oxidization on pipes being the issue?

There has been a wet patch under the car (behind the offside front tyre) I thought it was a slow oil leak that's been highlighted before but could be this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, LeedsMatt said:

There has been a wet patch under the car (behind the offside front tyre) I thought it was a slow oil leak that's been highlighted before but could be this?

This is very likely just the water from the condensate drain line, perfectly normal to see water on the floor unless it's not water?

• Like 3

• Administrators
11 hours ago, LeedsMatt said:

The patch hasn't dried up over a few days now so I don't think it's just water. 

I would say this is to related engine oil or one of the power steering lines has a small leak as the lines run along the subframe. The A.C leaks will be more visible in the engine bay area and refrigerant won't drip on the floor, it generally pools around the area of the leak as it's a gas.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1