Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators

Today, and tomorrow probably,  is prep day for the bus,,,its going on loan to a family member in a week, away for four weeks...hope it comes back in one piece 🤣🤣🤣

Everything checks out OK, just needs a good clean inside and out....and a new tyre !!! No, still not got around to changing it...😝😝😝

• Like 1

• Moderators

Outside cleaned today, looking good but wheels seem to be deteriorating now...refurb next year I guess.

Inside next,  tomorrow if I get a bit of time but the cobwebs have taken over, spiders in multiple forms , from transporting some gear that had been stored for some time , arghhh. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bit more done on Elly today, fixed the none operational drivers washer jet.....pipe had come off 🤪🤪!!!

Got a side airbag light on when I went out in it....stayed on all the journey,  when its done that before it was the interaction of the drivers seatbelt stalk catch.....bit of electrical lube sorted it....this morning it went out on again on startup for the return journey...and stayed out. Not sure what's going on there. 

Need to have another go tracking the front, the steering wheel is still to far off central...first world problems 😛😛😛

Otherwise it ran great as usual  😍😍😍

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, PTR200S said:

this morning it went out on again on startup for the return journey...and stayed out. Not sure what's going on there. 

There is normally a self-check for SRS warning lights, should come on at some point during starting then go out and stay out. Different cars have different self-check modes so might pay to brush up on your Japanese and read the owners handbook! :P

Alternatively as long as it comes on at some point during starting and goes off, more importantly stays off after, i wouldn't worry.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

The last couple of days the airbag light has gone out after start up and stayed out....must have been a glitch. 

Took her down to protyre and got a new tyre on the front nearside, another Falken,  the one the tracking locked up...apparently there was only about 2mm on the tread anyway. The offside got replaced last year after a sidewall puncture so is still good.

The aircon is still ice cold, definitely needed today again with another 28C burst of summer 🙃🙃

it drives beautifully 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

another 28C burst of summer

Ah, the frozen north! :P Was actually 32C here today, glad the AC in the CR-V works well, must fix the Jags AC soon, at least before winter!

Sounds like normal service is returned on the Elysion at least! ;) :D

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 7:20 PM, PTR200S said:

Bit more done on Elly today, fixed the none operational drivers washer jet.....pipe had come off 🤪🤪!!!

Got a side airbag light on when I went out in it....stayed on all the journey,  when its done that before it was the interaction of the drivers seatbelt stalk catch.....bit of electrical lube sorted it....this morning it went out on again on startup for the return journey...and stayed out. Not sure what's going on there. 

Need to have another go tracking the front, the steering wheel is still to far off central...first world problems 😛😛😛

Otherwise it ran great as usual  😍😍😍

Had the same thing happen to me with my Elly, found out it was fluff in the seatbelt catch

• Haha 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, st123 said:

Had the same thing happen to me with my Elly, found out it was fluff in the seatbelt catch

Some people have same trouble with their bellybutton 🤮

seriously,  that is the assumption I came to, the seatbelt catch seemed to be the problem so hence the electrical cleaner...but fluff is a good possibility  and all the squirt did was squash it....

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today I waived goodbye to my Elly as she was driven off in the direction of Wales!!!

Four weeks without a V6 fix , what will I do 😜😜😜😜😜

5 cylinders , in the Volvo , don't sound the same although they have a nice tune too, when given the stick. !!!

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

On countdown for the return of Elly,  not been seen for nearly four weeks 😱😱😱😱

Apparently it's been around Wales,  Lake District, Yorkshire and over to Whitby and surrounding areas...next is a trip to Manchester....before return next Thursday...

• Like 2

• Moderators

It's arrived !

Seems to be dent free on first look,,filthy,  tomorrows job !!

Was considering doing it tonight but wall to wall sunshine from 7am this morning and it's pretty warm...the water would evaporate on the body !!!

Inside ? Ummm, some work needed...

Fluid check tomorrow too, ....

It did come back with a full tank of fuel though !!!!

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Well. Wall to wall rain today instead !!!

So went and cleaned the Elysion,  definetly dent free !! .....

The inside will need to wait as will the fluid check , just too wet 💧🌊

so washed the Volvo too as I was soaked anyway !!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Finally got to clean out the interior properly today. 

Why do kids have to have sticky hands, taken several goes to get the goo off the B pillars where they have held on to get in. 😒😒😒...plus the seat belts 😡😡😡

Reminds me of "my bruvver" !!!!

Fluids good, just tyres to check properly now.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Why do kids have to have sticky hands

Part of their job description sadly. They also have a nasty habit of picking things - my Nissan 300C developed a hole in the door card padding as testimony to that fact! :o

• Sad 1

Today I booked my Ely in for a service. Quizzical look from the receptionist. "Is that an import?" Yes. Followed by "Can you get your own parts?" Again, yes. So what i need to know is where do I find the chassis number on the vehicle, all the documents are at home & I'm away all week... it's a 2010 Aero.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The info you need is on the front slam panel under the bonnet 😁

Most good parts suppliers will be able to supplier stuff for basic servicing.

Amayama.com is a good resource for rarer parts plus they have all the parts numbers on their parts diagrams 🤣🤣🤣

• Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, A53Platty said:

It's usually stamped into the body somewhere but had no luck finding it.

For most cars, the VIN is also on a plate visible through the windscreen, usually passengers bottom corner. Not sure if a JDM car will have it in the same place but don't see why not.

• Confused 1