Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators

Crikey, a "rear wheel drive, 2988cc V6 reg on 1January 1998" with a ZTEC 200BHP engine".......:rolleyes::(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112577237636?ul_noapp=true

Although according to the DVLA is was registered in May 1999 and is a 2997 cc ........ plus another one of those cars with tyre advisories etc,,,, why do they bother sticking it in for an MoT with tyres that are obviously crap?

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

I wonder what condition the front driveshafts are in? :lol:

I suppose to the uninitiated, the size of the "transmission tunnel" might make them think it's RWD but maybe one of us should ask him if it's 4WD :

Date tested 9 May 2016

Fail

Mileage 102,678 miles

MOT test number 2453 7729 9282

Reason(s) for failure

• Nearside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
  • Offside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
  • Nearside Headlamp not working on dipped beam (1.7.5a)
  • Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Offside Rear Anti-roll bar has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Nearside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)
  • Offside Front Brake hose excessively deteriorated (3.6.B.4d)

Second to bottom item to save you all hunting! ;) I wonder what the reply would be about 4WD - could be amusing! ;):D:lol:

*** EDIT ***

I just sent this via ebay :

Hi,

what condition are the driveshafts and CV joints in on the front?

Also is viewing possible?

Thanks
Dave

See what happens! :lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators

The list of recurring mot advisories and failures is also a cause for concern, not well looked after and now being sold by someone who appears to know nothing about the vehicle....or maybe they aren't the owners? Scam?

Then again perhaps they want to appear not to know anything :P

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mangoman said:

Personally, and I know judgemental, but anything with the term "mate" mentioned puts me off straight away

When it's something like this where i've never communicated with him before i tend to agree. Different if it's someone you know or have communicated with before though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

When it's something like this where i've never communicated with him before i tend to agree. Different if it's someone you know or have communicated with before though.

Yes, that is what I was meaning. But even generally it is not my favourite. The only time I normally use it is when I am referring to a friend or close acquaintance to a third party, as in: "yes, he's a mate of mine". ;)

• Moderators

Blimey, yet another one and only a matter of 10 or so miles away from me too.... (never seen it around though???:()

Interior looks good and has the "wood " surround on the radio centre console area.

"cold air" intake, yuk...  couple scrapes here and there, 131k miles full service history ish plus other paperwork by the looks of it.

Wheels not great but easily fixed...tyres look a bit , erm,,, tired :rolleyes:

Bill, its got a VTEC badge, oh, ok a sticker anyway !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232505720086?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, hughezee said:

but so many people do mistake them for preludes. :rolleyes:

How come they don't mistake them for an NSX ! :lol: more street cred with that !

Seriously it is annoying though when people seem not to know what they have got and yet are supposedly "dealers" !!:angry:

That's two this last week including this and the "rear wheel drive version "

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

How come they don't mistake them for an NSX ! :lol: more street cred with that !

Seriously it is annoying though when people seem not to know what they have got and yet are supposedly "dealers" !!:angry:

That's two this last week including this and the "rear wheel drive version "

Well, one seller, last year suggested we had the NSX engine and I keep checking to see if a C series engine materialises under my bonnet from time to time. :(:lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

That one has up for sale a few times now, it's come down in price too and here's another one, maybe considered overpriced, but looks in need of a little TLC to me :blink:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-HONDA-ACCORD-V6-3-0-COUPE-AUTO-FUTURE-CLASSIC-VERY-RARE-PX-SWAPS-WELCOME/162689995012

Yes, this is the one posted earlier at about 2250 ? Then went to 2k ish.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Former owner and short-lived member Nigel spent some money on it, not much mind :huh: and it does have DW1 ATF in its box, but very likely doing some good as it was only one part change so it's very diluted. Nonetheless, it's one I would have to think twice about just parting it out, so a labour of luv or lust for somebody maybe. :( Hopefully, it finds the right person to pick up where Nigel left it.

• Like 3