Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators

Sounds like an "ebay suggested selling price" to me - they average out what similar listings have made and put in a price automatically. In the listing the last bit is "£800".

The whole rear end stance puts me off, i wasn't aware Honda made an off-road Coupé? :o

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ok, not a Coupe but a V6 just the same !

Anyone want to add the four door Accord V6 to their collection?

Left hooker though (not that kind !:P)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-R-REG-HONDA-ACCORD-3-0-V6-AUTOMATIC-EX-SEDAN-LEFT-HAND-DRIVE/142355630077?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'll hazard a guess it's the rear tracking that's out and they've had the front checked/adjusted and don't even know the rear can be adjusted!

I know on mine the driveshafts are equal length so torque steer doesn't exist and without checking i'm pretty certain they are on the Accord V6 as well so that eliminates torque steer.

I know if i boot either of mine out of a junction, even on full lock it goes where i point it, no questions. Straight line start is the same, goes where it's aimed. People forget that torque is also a function of length of driveshaft, even screwdrivers can demonstrate that! Try undoing a tight screw with a chubby screwdriver and you'll struggle - use a long shaft/handle screwdriver and it will undo a lot easier!

Hence torque is measured in Nm or lb/ft ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Like that colour ! 

Interesting they say " any item taken in part exchange "   :D really !    How about my mothers flat iron and board ? :wacko:

Wonder if this will fit in the space round back of mine? Along with the other cars i haven't bought :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
  • Founding Member

The exhaust looks like someone has made it into a one piece - the rear boxes have had their bolt on flanges bypassed and pieces welded in....  That is where my original exhaust failed - the flange joints rotted away....

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 27/04/2017 at 8:12 AM, hughezee said:

I have a good feeling this one was put out of its misery in the end, as those exhausts tips look very familiar :rolleyes: 

• Like 3