Accord Coupe Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS"

hughezee

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Another quality, well written advert. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
  • Moderators

Nice find Pete! Now where did i put my lottery winnings? Oh yeah, that's right - i didn't! :rolleyes::lol:

It is in fact a 2.2i ES, not LS - the LS was only on 2.0 models on that generation. It's also the "facelifted" version, the previous versions like i had shared the tail lights with the Rover 600 and if they didn't, it certainly looked like they did! Should have tried swapping them when i had a 620 and a 2.2i ES auto Accord Coupé at the same time.

$_12.JPG

If you look closely you can it says "ES" - if it's still around on sunday after i win that £18.9m Rollover then it'll be added to my fleet! :wub:

• Like 2

I came across this last night, starting bid at £200 or buy it now £500.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201923693583?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Same colour as mine and has a bodykit! Apparently same size rims and tyres but does look lower, maybe its the illusion of the bodykit.

I dreamt of bidding on it just for the bodykit...and maybe the stereo, lowering springs (if they exist), etc....when I woke up from my day dream found it has already been sold! :(

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kag8 said:

I came across this last night, starting bid at £200 or buy it now £500.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201923693583?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Same colour as mine and has a bodykit! Apparently same size rims and tyres but does look lower, maybe its the illusion of the bodykit.

I dreamt of bidding on it just for the bodykit...and maybe the stereo, lowering springs (if they exist), etc....when I woke up from my day dream found it has already been sold! :(

Shame really, maybe just as well in another sense, it's been up for sale a few times from what I've seen the last 4 years and they wouldn't budge below £2200, as I wanted it for my mother but it had an undisclosed oil leak at the time which is coming from the lower crank seal (very common on the F series engine) so replacing the sump and seal a couple of times was in vain "Obviously"  and despite a recent exhaust very likely the flexi pipe has failed as that bit wasn't part of the new exhaust and blaming the manifold being loose?  

• Like 3

Yeah if I did get it would purely have been a breaker. Just dont have the space or rather permission for it. The heights Ill go to for a body kit haha.

Did you check it out in person stu? Just curious whether it was lowered as its got 18s with same tyre sizes as mine but the arch gap appears much smaller?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would Pete except i'm struggling to raise 210p at the moment! :lol:

Had the month from financial hell a couple of months ago, wiped out all my "spare" and more besides! Just about got back on an even keel this month but it's a very delicate balance! First thing when i'm financially floating again is to refill the heating oil tank and then i ca maybe afford to think about another Coupé. Until then it's a big financial Elastoplast unless i win the lottery tonight - £23m would sort me out - just! ;):D:lol:

• Like 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

First thing when i'm financially floating again is to refill the heating oil tank

Sod that !, turn the heating off and put another jumper on :lol::P.... there is a Coupe to be bought !

Seriously, I wonder what it will make, obviously a known car to you guys, is it any good buying it to run? or just spares?

• Like 2

• Moderators

From what i remember of it, it's a pretty good car and worth buying to run.

The heating has turned itself off already, thankfully we're in the errr............ "warmer" season so at least i'm less likely to die of hypothermia. :o

• Like 2

It's a good car, honest ad.  The gearbox is the one thing that irked me and Sim (the new owner) but its had two fluid changes in 9 months.  Very good speakers and well soundproofed doors.  I miss that VTEC induction kit - I wonder if I can find similar for my Alfa, but that would lose me my licence!  Any questions I'm happy to answer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...