Subscriptions & Donations ×

Exhaust tips, yes or no

PTR200S

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
19 hours ago, kag8 said:

Which ones did you purchase in the end? I just realised the ones fitted on mine don't match! And the bigger one on the left of my car looks larger than even the ones in your pic, suffice to say mine doesn't look good!

Went for these, like a spun alloy rather than chrome...... look ok and once I had painted the inside black, used cylinder head matt black paint, and cut the existing pipe off by about 2" look fine without being too "loud" :lol::rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142027151300?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick mention ,the chrome /stainless exhaust tips if you need to replace or thinking about fitting them in the future, ive , not long brought vimto V6 ,the chrome tailpipe tips fitted  had rotted on  the exhaust,  only blunt force trauma got the buggers of ,i loaded up ebay and from the numerous  pages listing chrome , stainless, black and so on , i came accross a firm in china who listed stainless finishers for honda accord they have two adjustment one either side to aid a central level fitment , and  if memory serves round about  £7 the pair  inc p&p  they arrived in under  two weeks and early days they remain stain free and fit for purpose , hope this helps ???

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi andrew i will upload ebay and find the listing  well my son will  and i will  get him to  show the link or photo (  make it so number one )  a bit of captain picard there ?    they are really  good tail ends full stainless and  im sure they came in  under £7 inc P&P   from china  they arrived early and do have a adjustment at  either side so fitting and getting a nice cental fit on the exciting tail pipe is straightforward  i will upload a few photos later of mine and they do remain stain free??  ,i did consider getting another pair as spares  ,but jackie my wife  showed me the error of my ways  (i dont talk about it )

• Like 1

Thanks  stuart ??    Apologies    however andrew is please send a photo of you car ???  . Lets begin sorry hello pete  , well apparently if you press two buttons together on this tab it takes a photo of the image your viewing   ( alright stop laughing im old ) so he goes the listing page  and photos ive just took  i can manage that ??? ps i know who stuart is & bill and now pete  ive been replying  to usenames please reveal yourselves with a name thank you  .plus theres bird shit on the car again that needs removing if i hadn't gone out to take photos i would have been oblivious to  so there  ,well i feel like moaning today   

20170430_120839.jpg

20170430_120825.jpg

20170430_120831.jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-30-12-27-15.png

• Like 3

ok stuart  ive got before and after  . I did not take many before i started to work on old vimto  but you can tell  the state of the chrome exhaust tips tottaly rusted and  unloved  i  removed the towbar  they are useful  but on a coupe they look poor ??  it was only used for a small trailer the boot sale size( i did see the trailer at his house ) . a question was asked about towbars for this model  and without cutting the bumper ? if you can point me to the right owner i will post the details of the  firm that fitted it, its in with the cars history and the official certificate that stays with the car apparently   the body kit on these coupes looks just about perfect love them & a nice set of alloys  those black alloys on yours stuart do look great  ?? in fact all of the cars with after market alloys ive seen on the forum fit  the colour of the  of  vehicles a treat   i think with vimto i will go with black alloys  if it was silver the mag wires on the one on this forum could not be bettered stunning , ( dont know the owners name i have pressed the like button )  im not a huge fan of the original alloys but a set of these on gumtree at £50 and painted black some days ago i thought looked smart  so its a thought i might get mine enamel coated in black with purple on the inner  rim  if possible ?? We will see  cheers garry 

20170228_133129.jpg

20170325_104625.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators

Looks cracking Garry, my wheels are genuine Honda but taken from a 7th Generation Accord, aftermarket alloys can buckle easily in my experience, but never buckled one myself either so go figure, just the careless previous owners I guess. Personally, I would go for a lighter coloured wheel on a dark car but each to their own.

Also is the towbar complete or can be removed as such see topic linked below, another member was after one if you're getting rid completely?

• Like 1

cheers Stuart. I think i will stick with a black finish alloys and  purple rim its not set in stone   there are a few  local firms that refurbish alloys and offer a paint match ,i am  not sure until i have spoken with them  if they can incorporate purple in the alloy  and the price might rule this out ?i am actively looking for a set aswell so  nothing by no means certain  i will post when a set is fitted ???

• Like 2

thank you ??? they fit quite well and they do locate right  up to the back  box  and the tail pipe end sits snuggly inside the inner stainless lip  and for the price ,the quality was  better than i  expected  really so i do recommend them as a affordable replacement  ???

• Like 2

Nice one ???  let us know  what you think and upload a few photos , i know ive only just joined but i do enjoy the banter and the recommendations i have had from the owners of these big coupes   the correct oil filters wax products  preferred oil  and advice ???

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...