Subscriptions & Donations ×

Exhaust tips, yes or no

PTR200S

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Is the general consensus for the standard down turned tips, to cut them before fitting aftermarket trim?

Or do they work just straight on despite the downward angle?

I cut mine down so that they fitted snugly and went nearly back to the silencer. 

If i had not cut the pipe they looked like they were just bolted on ends rather than looking like the original pipe 😁

I guess it depends on how long the tips are, the 2" shorty stuff looks shit imo. Looks OK from above but stand back a few feet from the rear and you can see they are just bolt on end pipes 😉

Psst, I did a lot of measuring before I cut my pipes.....didn't want to have to weld anything back on !!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

I still neeeed some of these

Have a look at these,  right size but these are chromed version rather than the satin finish..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165225957509

I also chose the slash cut type,  these are straight cut.

Anything this size will look good unless you want the "bucket " look 😲

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chrismas said:

3 bolts to hold the tip in looks excessive. Mine has only one bolt, and is at the bottom, so for most of the time, that bolt is hidden.

Quite right it's excessive  !!!!!!!       It's only to ensure it sits central on the pipe, usually to keep a small exhaust pipe looking somewhat less crap !!!!!

The bigger exhaust diameter the better, to fill the tip internal diameter, then you can as you say, use less bolts. Not only that , if the pipe actually fills the tip then it looks aesthetically better too.

I have always tried to find a tip that is the "correct" diameter and  left out a couple of the bolts if they were even there to start with !!!!

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 5 months later...