Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Founding Member

Boring me - I only put on the winter wheels & a new set of Nokian winter tyres....  the ones that have been on for the last few years were showing signs of cracking .... well they were from 2006....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today was repair the "Chewed Up Pipe" day.🙄

Replaced the pipe at the back of the engine, obviously an original as the pipe had gone hard, ended up cutting off the remains.

mouse-attack-8.jpg

Tidied up the rest of the damage and retaped some of the electrical coverings.

The electrical plug I can't figure out, has two terminals with one blue wire attached to it...sort of a sensor type plug...

Can't see much else, can't repair the red positive terminal cover...that is terminal...🙃

Whilst I was in the engine compartment I resprayed the front chassis member at the top where they rust, with BH UC stuff...just keeping on top of everything !

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Can't see much else, can't repair the red positive terminal cover...that is terminal...🙃

Can't remember where i saw the pic of the terminal cover - Milliput would probably fix it then paint it after or perhaps you can get replacement covers?

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/26

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Can't remember where i saw the pic of the terminal cover - Milliput would probably fix it then paint it after or perhaps you can get replacement covers?

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/26

Thanks for that, cheap enough at 96p...didn't check the carriage though !!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today was brake fluid check day along with another PS fluid change.

I have a new toy now , a brake fluid tester for water content 🙂

I changed the fluid a couple of years ago so didn't expect a problem but it showed the fluid had a higher water content than expected,  one led light away from serious contamination.  !!!!

Skeptical as I am 🙃 I checked my new fluid, it showed it was perfect....quick secondary checks confirmed this.

Did a fluid change and I will check it again in a couple of months.

The ps fluid looked very dark again so another reservoir fluid change done, do it again when I check the brake fluid.

I can feel an autobox fluid change coming on !!!! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Having got my new Philips PY21W indicator bulbs and having finally got appointments with the chiropractor and a therapist booked in I decided to go ahead and fit the bulbs to Greenie today...

The first three clips on the outer edge of the wheelarch holding the inner guard on broke on extraction... been there for some time obviously and I have never had this inner wheel arch liner out...🙄

Ok, no probs, got spares...then I notice one of the clips on the top of the liner was missing, ok no problem, .....maybe I should take all the clips from the under tray and the 10mm wing edge bolt out too... 

The bolt was rusted and took some undoing and the other clips are pretty mangled but at least I was able to see inside the wheel arch having been able to drop the liner down. the bonus was being able to get at the indicator unit and change the bulb without losing any skin, job done..

Hmm, odd bits of rust here and there around the top of the suspension units, arms etc... so, whilst I am here !!!😜

Clean everything up, de-rust and bilt hamber UC stuff all over.

Put everything back together using new clips of the correct size !!

Just the other side to do now......... what time is the therapist appointment again?

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Well done Pete, sounds like a busy day but a good one.

Yes, very good, satisfying actually because I managed to do the bulb but also did the cleanup around the suspension and wheel arch. I have already done the back end clean up and preserve when I replaced the disks a while ago so the fronts were on the list of " to do " already !!!

• Like 4

Washed it and made it rain. But at least its wet and purple not wet and grey/brown.

Also did windows inside and out. That rear window must have provided entertainment for the neighbours seeing me struggling and gurning to reach all over.

Also feeling very ashamed and far behind with all this fluid changing going on 😕

Is it dot 4 for these Honda's?

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

yes big rear screens R us !!..... at least you have washed it, are the pics on the "dirty vehicle " thread ! 😜

My Coupe need a wash, not too bad as off the road now but still.....got to be done!

Just use Comma dot 4 in all my stuff, never had a problem with it although slightly concerning that my new "toy" told me I had water in it,  two year old fluid in the Coupe !

• Like 1

• Moderators

New undertray and wheel arch liner clips arrived today so completed the silver indicator bulb change on the offside along with clean up and underbody clear coat on and around the suspension mounts, brake pipes etc.

Another job off the list 😇

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

On 11/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, Andy Mc said:

Also did windows inside and out. That rear window must have provided entertainment for the neighbours seeing me struggling and gurning to reach all over.😕

The inside of the rear window must surely be a candidate for the most awkward in the world!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, welland99 said:

The inside of the rear window must surely be a candidate for the most awkward in the world!

What i've seen done by some is to wrap the cleaning cloth round a long thin implement to reach the tight angles on rear windows and other places. Balsa wood was suggested by one person, others have used the plastic filler spatulas used for filling holes on plaster etc in the home (the T shaped ones with handles are easier) and similar dodges.

Might be worth a try?

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, welland99 said:

I bought a pad on a stick thingy from poundstretchers, or similiar,to use in the Elysion.....humongous front screen , really handy for cleaning screen whilst sat at traffic lights !!! Swivel head on it too!!

handy-stick-1.jpg

handy-stick-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

That's what the rain is for pete, to save you the job! :P

Been dry again,,,,ish ,,, today so need to make the most of it.....just in case I need to travel anywhere in the next week, month, year,,,maybe 😭

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
23 hours ago, hughezee said:

I had a dream of a drive in the coupe today 😁 and I'm sure you coupe dream will become reality once again mate. 😜

It weren't a good dream, some aliens decided humans were too dangerous - they picked a few ravers, me being one of them, and got us to drop the bomb on the planet and we had to decide if we killed ourselves too or thought we were worthy of a second chance.

I was driving the coupe to the festival and had to leave it when they zapped us up.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1