Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Moderators

Bit more done to the spoiler, first blast of the colour coat on the underside just to see what it looks like, pretty good but needs rubbing back more...

Difficult to take pics in the artificial light as lots of reflection but you get the idea !!

spoiler-9.jpg

spoiler-11.jpg

spoiler-10.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Looks a little "orange-peely" Pete, should be able to either flat or cut that back quite easily - looks good though! ;):D

yep, first blast with a new paint... that's why its on the underside ! ... to be fair it doesn't feel peely, the light seems to have caught it strangely but its an easy job to cut it back. Its just colour coat at moment.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, Chrismas said:

Ha! Ordered some already off eBay, 10 for £2.95 let's hope they are the right size! Both of those buttons are no longer illuminated and neither is the odometer light. Also. I think the headlight washer jets might be blocked, or the motor is bust. 

Which bulbs did you order? Can you post a link, please?

Do you hear the headlamp washer motor hum when you press the button?

Stu, what brightness are the maplin ones you fitted? Are they bright enough?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 11:16 AM, hughezee said:

it was working and then stopped, pulled the bulb out replaced the bulb and working again, the buttons I have seen all have a bulb fitted I can't imagine yours being any different?

Well, well,  well. I popped my headlamp washer button out this evening and found that it does have a bulb after all. It has never worked in my 15 years of ownership and I genuinely thought it was not illuminated.  I thought my coupe could not surprise me any more......

So, I've now fitted a new bulb from stock.  It is a bit dim,  but it's just about bright enough.   

Just WOW.  😃

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
4 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Well, well,  well. I popped my headlamp washer button out this evening and found that it does have a bulb after all. It has never worked in my 15 years of ownership and I genuinely thought it was not illuminated.  I thought my coupe could not surprise me any more......

So, I've now fitted a new bulb from stock.  It is a bit dim,  but it's just about bright enough.   

Just WOW.  😃

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F171735288092

I bought these. They're too big for the switches, but do fit the dashboard lights. Which bulbs did you use for the switches? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Stu, what brightness are the maplin ones you fitted? Are they bright enough?

Plenty bright enough for this job, although can't remember which ones they were TBH all I remember they weren't bright enough for illuminating a 2001 UK accord climate control buttons, so recycled them eventually...

43 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Is that a pioneer stereo? It looks similar to mine - see my photo higher up.   

No its a Sony, I recently purchased another one similar for the odyssey, I just prefer the uncoloured sound they produce...

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, welland99 said:

I've now fitted a new bulb from stock.  It is a bit dim,  but it's just about bright enough.   

Just WOW.  😃

A truly enlightening experience! 😛

4 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Which bulbs did you use for the switches?

I think you should be able to find something here, check the sizes though :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=grain+of+wheat+bulbs+12v&_frs=1

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, Chrismas said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F171735288092

I bought these. They're too big for the switches, but do fit the dashboard lights. Which bulbs did you use for the switches? 

Oh, and to add, no I can't hear the motor whirring for the headlight washers. Presume it's all kept in the front wheel arch? Hopefully just blocked. Lol.🤣 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Could be corroded/dirty connectors, blown fuse or just blocked. Adding white vinegar to the washer bottle helps keep limescale down and the tubes/jets clear, i add about 1/2 pint once/twice a year to mine. It's also good for cleaning the glass.

DON'T use the brown vinegar, it makes a hell of a mess! :lol:

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
1 minute ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Could be corroded/dirty connectors, blown fuse or just blocked. Adding white vinegar to the washer bottle helps keep limescale down and the tubes/jets clear, i add about 1/2 pint once/twice a year to mine. It's also good for cleaning the glass.

DON'T use the brown vinegar, it makes a hell of a mess! :lol:

The relay clicks, but doesn't wash. 

• Like 1

• Founding Member
6 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

A truly enlightening experience! 😛

I think you should be able to find something here, check the sizes though :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=grain+of+wheat+bulbs+12v&_frs=1

My switches are also unlit.  Do I get the 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 4.7mm or 5.0mm versions (just to save me looking ....)

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't help on the exact size, one of my beasts has no headlight wash system and the others is automatic so i have no headlamp wash button. Best bet is pop the switch out and measure the diameter of the bulb. That way you get what you know will fit yours and get round any production discrepancies where the switches may have been modified during production.

My guess would be they would be 3mm but it is exactly what i've just said it is - a guess. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Bit more done on the spoiler, today, first base coat on the topside... still wet in pic.. once this has gone off properly I will be able to rub back and give it the final colour coat...wait for a while, !!!! and then hit it with lacquer .

The next test is to get it on the car, outside, and position it on the boot then take pics for comparison...just hope the main car paint hasn't faded too far. 🙄

spoiler-13.jpg

spoiler-12.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Chrismas said:

Which bulbs did you use for the switches? 

16 hours ago, PaulS said:

My switches are also unlit.

They are 3mm bulbs, measured the original ones from the switches, hope that helps chaps

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Thanks Hughzee.  I just ordered some bulbs.... from China so it will be a few weeks delivery....but I've been without so long the wait will hardly matter....

Spoiler looking good Pete.  Just wondering when you will find the benefit of it.... too many speed traps where I go....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, PaulS said:

Spoiler looking good Pete.  Just wondering when you will find the benefit of it.... too many speed traps where I go....

Getting pretty bad around my area now too, we already have an enforced average speed camera 50mph limit on a dual carriageway with only 4 road access points along the 3.7 mile length of road.  The only place I could have once tested the spoilers attributes   !!!!!!!!..

The section of dual carriageway before the start of the cameras has no turnoffs , been reduced to 50mph AND yesterday had a mobile camera unit on it!!

Lets face it, the spoiler is just an old boy racers aesthetic appeal really !! 😅   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2