Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Site Subscriber’s
On 6/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, hughezee said:

Before putting everything back I replaced some illumination bulbs on the fog, headlight washer buttons (recycled spares from another job I did years ago) with some Maplin jobbies as I was feeling a little impatient just wanted it all finished, all working a treat. 👍

Ha! Ordered some already off eBay, 10 for £2.95 let's hope they are the right size! Both of those buttons are no longer illuminated and neither is the odometer light. Also. I think the headlight washer jets might be blocked, or the motor is bust. 

• Like 4

On 6/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, hughezee said:

Before putting everything back I replaced some illumination bulbs on the fog, headlight washer buttons (recycled spares from another job I did years ago) with some Maplin jobbies as I was feeling a little impatient just wanted it all finished, all working a treat. 👍

You have an illuminated headlight washer button? Mine is not illuminated, and I'm pretty sure it is not designed to be illuminated. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, Randell said:

IMG-2886-X3.jpg

My heart sunk a little bit. :)

I've had mine apart a few times and i agree that it takes thought to get the spring installed correctly.   Is the following correct?  When the window is up, the spring has light tension.  As the window goes down, the tension increases. So when the window is going up, the spring helps the motor.  

Can you post any pics of your damaged bits? 

In your photo, the pivot with the slot has some green paint on it. What is this like on the other side? On mine,  that is the part that has worn out. Do you have any idea if your US supplier actually made the regulators,  or is just a reseller?

• Like 4

• Administrators
10 hours ago, welland99 said:

I'm pretty sure it is not designed to be illuminated

it was working and then stopped, pulled the bulb out replaced the bulb and working again, the buttons I have seen all have a bulb fitted I can't imagine yours being any different?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hughezee said:

it was working and then stopped, pulled the bulb out replaced the bulb and working again, the buttons I have seen all have a bulb fitted I can't imagine yours being any different?

Hmm. I'll recheck.  It looks like a black button with white paint to depict its purpose. This finish is different to all the other buttons which do have bulb illumination.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Spoiler in progress,

filled, sprayed with plasti primer then blown over, ready for rubdown, before applying the colour coat.

Should be ready to do in 24 hrs but back to work tomorrow 😥 

Get it hung up so I can hit it all in one go will be the challenge !!

spoiler-7.jpg

spoiler-8.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

It looks like you can get your hand up behind that part of the dash quite easily, if so, pop the switch out and check to see if it has a blub in it, if so, you'll know! While the bulb is out, shine a small torch behind where the bulb fits, just to make sure and you can see if it looks ok when lit. ;):D

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Pete, your wood-look is nice. Did you stick it onto your original black trim?

Your headlamp washer button looks the same as mine, and mine is not illuminated. Is yours illuminated? 

Yes, the genuine Honda piece actually sticks to the existing black dash surface using strips of very thin two-sided tape which is pre installed on the back of the wood trim.

As Stu has said , looks great in the light coloured trim cars. 😍 

Re button..... not actually noticed if it lights up !! 🙄   The battery is off the car at the moment so can't check...I don't have a light in the clock display either, although there is a bulb in it I can't get it running.

• Like 3

• Administrators

The ignition isn't on so not everything is illuminated and I have moved the washer switch over so my headlight adjuster is closer to the column 😉

20190616-224559%5B1%5D.jpg

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

It looks like you can get your hand up behind that part of the dash quite easily

Not exactly, best to remove the whole trim and cradle and push them out from behind. 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hughezee said:

The ignition isn't on so not everything is illuminated and I have moved the washer switch over so my headlight adjuster is closer to the column 😉

Intriguing,  Stu!  Can you post a pic of your switch in the daylight without illumination,  please?

• Like 2

• Founding Member
On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, Randell said:

My new replacement window regulator and motor eventually turned up from the other side of the pond.
I was faithfully promised a 4 Pin motor to enable the 'Auto Open/Close' function, so I was a tad grumpy when I opened the box to find a 2 pin plug and cables fitted.
Never to be put off by such things I decided to swap the motors over. (I tell you now this isn't a job for the faint hearted).
Recoiling the spring and getting it to relocate, took a fair amount of messing around.
I photographed the mechanism first, measured the outside diameter of the tensioned spring, and with a fair bit of jiggling and sweating managed to get everything back together again.
I used a three sets 'Mole Grips', clamped one in a vice and managed recoil the spring and clamp it with the other pair of grips, and very carefully latch it into place.
If I have to do this job again I think I'll just forsake the auto window switch. It was a Royal pain in the arse to be quite honest.

Anyway it's all done now, but this job could have so easily been avoided. The regulator was damaged by a stray strip of plastic, which someone at sometime, had left inside the door. It had wrapped itself around the teeth on the regulator, and caused it to bind, and eventually chipped a couple of teeth on the gearing.

In all the job took me about 3 hours. So I saved myself a fair bit of cash doing it myself, so I'm chuffed.
Here's a picture of old and new regulator on top of each other, and the mess, when the regulator sprung apart when I unbolted the old motor.

IMG-2886-X3.jpg

My heart sunk a little bit. :)

Impressive mate! I nearly took my finger off with a half hearted attempt of what you did. In the end just swapped the plugs over. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Did those fogs you fitted last year (?)  die, then ?

The cable tails on them corroded and they stopped working, easy fix but I purchased some different units, so just swapped them over...

• Like 2