Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

Finally had my allows refurb this week by a local business. Dropped the car off Wednesday morning and picked her up on Friday.
I stayed with the Japan Silver, fitted a set of new hub caps and the wheels look great.
Photos to follow.
This weekend I took my wiper arms off, sanded them down, primed and repainted them as they were looking a bit on the tatty side.
When I refitted them, I realised that someone had previously mixed up the right and left hand sides.
I wondered why my drivers side wiper was overlapping the passenger side blade. :)
Besides the alloys the wiper arms were the tattiest part of the car. 
Sorted now, and looking sharp.
Photos to follow.

• Like 5
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

What's the price and spec like compared to a normal one Stu?

The filter internally looks like it has more filtering material not sure it was worth over 16 squid mind, I purchased it for a job and this one didn't arrive in time (Thanks Once Again Opie 😑) luckily managed to get another one via euro car parts (Product Code: 508771601) for the job where customer specified the parts, so rather than return this one I suddenly remembered my car was due an oil & filter change... 🤣😄😆😂

• Haha 2

Hi all! No updates on the Coupe other than just driving her to work, decided it needs coilovers/suspension kit and some fresh wheels probably 17's or maybe wide 16's..... My mate is going to sort the scrape on the rear bumper soon and hopefully get my subframe re-welded through work. Then in September she will be off daily duties as I will have company car so I can give her some love! I am struggling to find coilovers other than US eBay can anyone help?

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DeanoCoupe said:

hopefully get my subframe re-welded

I might be wrong (but i don't think i am) but they won't pass a welded subframe or any other suspension component come MoT time. Yes, the body can be welded as generally there are rubber bushes between the body and suspension component but subframes, wishbones, trailing arms etc, all a big no-no for welding as far as i've ever known.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

but they won't pass a welded subframe or any other suspension component come MoT time.

There are all sorts of bits in the MoT manuals re this sort of stuff.all confusing !!!... if the subframe was originally welded together then is can be welded again... obviously its got to be good !!

However, if the corrosion is across the piece then just welded plates on the bad bits is usually deemed unacceptable............

Suspension components could be just pressed parts in which case I understand it not to be acceptable to weld them but if the original, say wishbone, was a welded assembly originally then I understand that to be ok.... wouldn't like to make the call though !

I think its up to the MoT tester to rule on the day, within the limits of the book, but I have seen some dubious welding along with  mots " ahem" passes !!! 😲

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

There are all sorts of bits in the MoT manuals re this sort of stuff.all confusing !!!... if the subframe was originally welded together then is can be welded again... obviously its got to be good !!

However, if the corrosion is across the piece then just welded plates on the bad bits is usually deemed unacceptable............

Suspension components could be just pressed parts in which case I understand it not to be acceptable to weld them but if the original, say wishbone, was a welded assembly originally then I understand that to be ok.... wouldn't like to make the call though !

I think its up to the MoT tester to rule on the day, within the limits of the book, but I have seen some dubious welding along with  mots " ahem" passes !!! 😲

There is no issue with subframe and MOT it has just passed... Its just the bracket for the arm which has been repaired lazily so the geometry is out

• Like 3

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, DeanoCoupe said:

There is no issue with subframe and MOT it has just passed... Its just the bracket for the arm which has been repaired lazily so the geometry is out

ah, ok, it was this below that set  Dave, and I, off !! 

Thought it was a BIG job coming on ! 😁

5 hours ago, DeanoCoupe said:

hopefully get my subframe re-welded through work.

• Like 2

I promised a photo of my refurbed wheels and new centre hub caps. https://www.randelljohnphotography.com/Commercial-Products/Honda-V6/i-xHj9tk2/A

-MG-9109-X3.jpg

Gave her a quick polish for the photo below.

-MG-9106-X3.jpg

Managed to find a supplier in the US for a new drivers window regulator, (4 Pin Plug variety), so that's on order and should be with me by the end of the month.
Just hope it's the correct regulator.

• Like 3

• Founding Member
10 minutes ago, Randell said:

Managed to find a supplier in the US for a new drivers window regulator, (4 Pin Plug variety), so that's on order and should be with me by the end of the month.
Just hope it's the correct regulator.

Hope you took into consideration that they will send you their version of a passenger regulator (unless you made that clear to them?)....if so then you’ll be a couple of connections short. 

• Like 3