Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Randell said:

Love those new calibers Stu. While you're on the subject of brakes, what mileage would you recommend changing brake fluids, (and power steering fluid)? 

I would recommend brake fluid changes every 2-3 years depending on your mileage and power steering fluid I would do little an often via the reservoir, couple of topics linked below m8y. 👍

• Like 3

So, J-Lo has been on the ramp at work all week and still not finished! Stu supplied 4 calipers as mine were fooked... In addition the lads found it required...

Front discs + pads

Rear pads

Broken spring (replaced all 4 with a spare set I had)

Front ball joint

Two upper arms

Switched back to original 16" wheels

The rust in arch was actually a hole, which requires welding to pass MOT

She is being worked on sporadically as we have "real" customers cars to sort🤣 I can't wait to get her back as she will be like a new car ! 

On the plus side, the new 1.0 turbo Civic goes really well 😎

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Glad to hear you're getting the motor up to speed fella,  the calipers are A1 kinda miss them atm as I'm using standard DOT4 after fitting the new ones, need to reduce my pedal travel more.

Yeah I have decided its worth putting some money into her so I can enjoy the summer! I noticed the calipers you supplied are twin pots, mine were only single pot....

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 hours ago, welland99 said:

What is J-lo?

1. His nickname for his Accord Coupe, not to be confused with :

2. The "Practical Classics" Dolomite that shares the same nickname, presumably both derived from :

3. South American singer Jennifer Lopez, notable for her posterior, among other points. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

1. His nickname for his Accord Coupe, not to be confused with :

2. The "Practical Classics" Dolomite that shares the same nickname, presumably both derived from :

3. South American singer Jennifer Lopez, notable for her posterior, among other points. :P

Thank you for clearing that up for me! 

In more detail.... J-Lo = J Series V6, been lowered, and has a fine arse 👌

• Like 4

Little update, Coupe sits nice on the new springs and OE 16's at front, would say they are lower than previous... The rear also sits nice on existing lowered springs so if it drives ok I may keep this set up for now... Welding on the arch is pretty much done Joe has done a top job, and he is also going to reweld the arm bracket to my subframe as he knows where previous idiots went wrong so I may get the camber sorted without needing a new frame(Stu, keep it just in case though!) Literally cannot wait to get her back on the road 😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today was service day for the Coupe, engine side anyway.

Brake fluid, auto box fluid,  ,power steering fluid, cooling system, engine oil level and washer water checked. All ok except washer water !

Decided to replace oil and filter, check the air filter and have a general clean up.

Air filter was a bit manky, could have blown it out and made it last a bit longer but as I had another filter in stock it would be rude not to replace it 🙃

080419-filter-1.jpg

080419-filter-2.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 11:58 AM, hughezee said:

I would recommend brake fluid changes every 2-3 years depending on your mileage and power steering fluid I would do little an often via the reservoir, couple of topics linked below m8y. 👍

Thanks very much Stu.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Interesting to see if you "feel" any benefit to the change....quite often there is an improved feel with less resistance and any noises that the rack made under load tend to disappear.... and as Dave says,  it WILL be dirty in a couple of weeks !! 

I used about 2 litres over a couple of months time to do mine, and my SiL Tourer had even more, and that really did make a great difference to the feel of the steering.....

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Currently sat in ATS, having the alignment sorted and two new front tyres. Michelin All season thingies.

Plus they're emptying the gas from the Aircon, so I can fit the pressure switch Stuart sorted for me.

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

How did the visit go all sorted now I assume 👍

Yeah - two lovely new CrossClimates and the alignment sorted, it was rather out! Went a bit too quick over a speedbump after the car was lowered 🤔 and that was that.

AC was degassed too, I removed that switch you gave me easy enough but I didn't have a socket that would work on the one on Spex, so I'll get Tom to change it tomorrow when it goes for the MOT 🙂

• Like 3

• Moderators

Today was sorn day... Coupe off the road for a while to sort various  issues.

Nothing serious at all but want to try and fix accident damage from stupid people who can't drive, have a go at sorting the rear bumper and installing a boot spoiler...possibly suspension changes. Wheels need sorting again and i want to go over the brakes, calipers etc.

Gave Greenie a thorough wash and polish and installed her in an up and over garage, only just getting it in as the folding mirrors don't seem to fold. Another job.....

Detaxed now so the XK8 gets to be the daily for a while 😂   

• Like 3