Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hello all £12000 spend on my accord v6

dave

and that's just been the fuel bill for the 4 or so years I've owned it. Still a great car though. Paint work not great, but still amazing to drive - found this site while solving a problem with broken exhaust but all sorted now. These are getting rare now surprised to read only 430 odd 3.0l still on the road.

• Like 2

My coupe is my daily driver and it does cover a few hundred miles, the same few hundred miles, week in week out. I'd be interested to know whether other members use their cars as their daily drivers or whether they've become 'classic', weekend, hobby cars for them. So is your coupe a:

daily driver

or a 

'classic'

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well mine was my daily, its surprisingly frugal for 3.0 V6 Auto with a respectable 387 miles out 51L of fuel according to my receipt and I never spare the horses between warning light to warning light ;) However due to having a big family the coupe is having an easy life ATM, although a few members its their main motor, including my good friend & member Retro Rich who uses his coupe as a daily driver and gets over 400 miles a tank of mixed driving mainly A/B roads which is pretty good :)

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Hi Dave and welcome to the bestest Accord Coupe Forum there is.  We're a friendly bunch so ask away if you need any advice, tips or help.  Have a good look around the site, there's load of expert information and advice from people who run these magnificent Ohio, USA made coupes.  ;)

Mine is indeed my daily driver, I've had Purple Haze for just over 12 months now and he's never let me down.  I drive less than 10 miles a day to work and back so popping in £20 of VPower last a good week or more.  Mine is a 1998 V6 and has just passed the MOT with no advisories too.  Sweet. Unless you're driving a £1M Ferrari, I truly believe cars needs to be driven to keep the juices flowing.  What's the point of owning a car and not driving it?

Welcome again.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your warm welcome. 

My weekly commute is around 368 miles per week plus trips to the shops etc. My coupe a 99 T emerald green with the gold badges, exhaust tips and factory body kit options was a former demonstrator. Then with its previous owner it enjoyed an easy life covering just 54000 miles, then I bought it. It has a comprehensive service file, even including all the old road tax discs including the one from the dealer. 

I’m not really sure of the significance of the gold badges but appears to be just an option extra which was available at the time of sale. It could do with some paintwork as suffers from peeling lacquer issue in places and will soon be due a cam belt, but as yet I’m undecided as to whether to do this work or just drive it.

Mechanically A1 since all work to date has been done in accordance with service schedule.

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Sounds lovely mate ........sounds exactly like mine;)

Feel free to Let me know if the gold exhaust tips are so insignificant that you'd consider selling them:rolleyes:. Drop me a personal message. 

Ps get some pics of your coupe on here asap....can't wait to see her

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 05/08/2016 at 3:47 PM, dave said:

So is your coupe a:

daily driver

or a 

'classic'

My CG4 has been my daily driver for over 10 years.  However, it doesn't get much use in the summer - I go to work on the motorbike when it's not freezing or wet.  I have a 32 mile round trip to work on A and B roads. 

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Lovely.  Personally, I'm scared to death of bikes, went on one when I was a nipper and didn't like it.  I can though appreciate why you like riding them.  If I see a biker in my rear view I always pull more into the kerb to give him/her extra room and 99 times out of 100 I get the thumbs up.  :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

OUCH! That's painful economy! The Powerflo exhaust shouldn't make too much difference but is likely to make some - wouldn't have thought that much though.

Could also be the CTS (Coolant Temperture Sensor), Lambda, air filter, type of journey, thermostat and umpteen other possibles. Best to start a new thread in this section :

http://honda6.ipbhost.com/index.php?/forum/115-engine-faults-problems/

It might simply be down to your journeys and driving style but there could be an underlying cause - worth investigating anyway! ;):D

My round trip is about 22 miles on mainly B roads.Got about 28mpg when I got it 8years ago.Took it steady to try and get it to 30mpg and it dropped to 24 ! Did get 30mpg once driving to Manny airport at a steady 70 but that's boring.Thanks for the link I will check it out.Thanks Dave.

Tony

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well after my coupe has been in the body shop for almost 5 weeks and getting the Odyssey(s) up to speed, I have been playing catch up with my creamy coupe and already used almost half a tank of regular fuel save 95 ron when I filled up :blush: V-power pumps all out of service at my local shell.:mellow::(

Nevertheless I've covered 227miles without blip and I will easily cover another 200 miles before refilling is required and I certainly don't hang about either :D so it sounds like yours is suffering as Dave suggests, cooling system and gearbox fluids would be my starting points ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

It's funny Stu - that's what i was going to suggest when Tony starts his thread in the other section! ;):lol::D

Maybe we should both have assumed Tony uses cheap fuel which has proven track record of slowly degrading a cars performance over time and this could be another classic case of a carbonised coupe, but I'm sure we would be wrong :lol::P:huh::wacko::unsure:

• Like 1