Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 "PROJECT RUBY"

hughezee

• Administrators

Welcome to project Ruby, the delivery has been delayed until early New Year now 😢 but couldn't resist sharing a few shots before the car was stored a couple of years ago. 🤩 So it will need a good clean when she arrives, so hopefully, it will become the daily driver too.🤞

OBA4.jpg
OBA3.jpg
OBA2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators

That looks a tidy thing , red is not my favourite colour but that shade suits the shape nicely, I think . 

How many miles has it done, gearbox OK or are you having to sort it out ?

Replacement for which car ?? 😜😜😜😜😜 or is this another " how many on the drive" type moment???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like you could fit any more on the already extensive car park you have 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

• Administrators

Agreed about the red, but I think it suits it well and 80k ish auto box is all ok and goes like stink apparently🙂 it is lowered (if you hadn't spotted). So I will decide whether it goes back stock or not 🤔 if it stays lowered thinking of ATR wheels light silver or gunmetal grey. Then front and rear bumpers re-painted mainly rear bumper needs some attention and obviously, all the mechanicals will be perfect by the time I get to the cosmetics.👍

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
On 12/19/2021 at 11:52 PM, hughezee said:

I couldn't agree more mate 👍you still got yours?

Sitting there untouched since the alternator went - I've been way too busy with work to get around to doing anything with it. Get this holiday out of the way and I'll give it some thought.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Quick Update: the battery was flat (seems to be charging ok) IAC valve is very stuck lol to be expected I guess, strong smell of fuel in the engine bay (no visible leaks spotted yet) I suspect the EVAP canister as the system is low on fuel and has been for some time?

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Ha, looks like you have a few things to do then !!!

Needs new springs all around, aftermarket springs badly rusted, I have my old spax springs I can fit. Overall looks like this one will consume a few spares I have, but well worth it in the end as engine and box are sweet.👍

• Like 3

• Moderators
12 hours ago, hughezee said:

well worth it in the end as engine and box are sweet.👍

That's good news, right there! 🥳.....always a concern with the boxes now, I constantly think about mine often "feeling" for the changes and asking myself " was that a smooth change , or not ? "     

Has it been looked after engine wise and generally then ??? A good base car ?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Just looks dirty mainly from being stored on a farm, timing belt and water pump has been done apparently, evidence of mixed coolant which would suggest the water pump has been done 🤔 but I will be going through everything. I have supplied parts for it a while ago, so it has been cared for at some point just difficult to see through the muck and dirt atm. 😆

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

On 2/16/2022 at 7:09 AM, PTR200S said:

I constantly think about mine often "feeling" for the changes and asking myself " was that a smooth change , or not ? " 

Have a blast on mine if you want non smooth 😄 I've learnt how to accelerate and not because i know what makes it kick. Still, it's improved lots since the changes.

Nice work on Ruby Stu though, looks like it'll reward well.

• Like 4
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, hughezee said:

Battery is toast 😢

They don't make 'em like they used to do !!!

Any good deals at the Honda dealers ??

Sometimes I have got a better cost off them than my trade suppliers 🤣

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Little refurbishment on the rear boot, it was previously de-badge & painted, then rebadged and lacquer had suffered.

20220428_190304[1].jpg

So I completely stripped the area, prepped, clear coated, sanded, polished and it is not looking too bad now.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Where is that from ? Out of the boot or inside the beast ? 🤣

I had to strip half the interior out to get this rat's nest out and need to repair or replace some of the standard wires and damaged trim, fecking animals.😬

• Sad 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I had to strip half the interior out to get this rat's nest out and need to repair or replace some of the standard wires and damaged trim, fecking animals.😬

What goes through their minds when they do this ???

Need to be strung up with said cables !!!

• Like 2