Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, A53Platty said:

No, nothing there. That might be a euro market thing though as even my 1996 Volvo S90 had that.  I've found a supplier near where I'm working who seem to know there stuff though, we'll find out tomorrow.

Hopefully,  if your reg is "in the system" it will come up with the correct parts for your ride...

My vin is just a 7 digit number preceded by the model designation,  RR3 in my case. Shown on the information label on the slam panel.

This is what is recorded on the v5c

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, A53Platty said:

with what's coming down the road from Westminster

Starting with the 5p cut added back to the fuel tax...you know, the one that they introduced two years ago and the fuel companies immediately DID NOT cut the price at the pumps and proceeded to take it as extra revenue ...bit similar to the EV tax purchase level cut...

• grrrr 1

• Moderators

Today I got around to removing the radio head unit which died after 7 years of use...still got a CD in it 😡 and I can't get a peep out of it !!

Just need some info on steering wheel wiring and a replacement unit now....

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Just need some info on steering wheel wiring and a replacement unit now....

Many Honda and Rover steering wheels use a two-wire resistance changing system so most aftermarket units can learn the "code" from the wheel buttons. I daresay your Elysion uses the same sort of system.

I bought a touchscreen jobby for my CR-V, came with a bespoke fascia piece so it all looks OEM, that would learn the steering wheel controls except i don't have them on the wheel.

Did consider trying to retrofit a set of Rover buttons to the wheel but it has an IED on the steering wheel so probably doesn't have the spare ways on the "clock spring" aka rotary coupler.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Many Honda and Rover steering wheels use a two-wire resistance changing system so most aftermarket units can learn the "code" from the wheel buttons. I daresay your Elysion uses the same sort of system.

I bought a touchscreen jobby for my CR-V, came with a bespoke fascia piece so it all looks OEM, that would learn the steering wheel controls except i don't have them on the wheel.

Did consider trying to retrofit a set of Rover buttons to the wheel but it has an IED on the steering wheel so probably doesn't have the spare ways on the "clock spring" aka rotary coupler.

It probably does but I still need to know which colour wires do the job in order to connect them to the correct ports.  Someone has told me they think the wires are terminated by a jack plug so I will be rooting down inside the dash at the weekend !!

I guess I could remove the switch panel from the steering wheel and test back to the radio head position..

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you can find out if there is just the standard ISO plugs on the back of the stereo, that will be a good clue. If it does indeed terminate in a 3.5mm jack plug, many aftermarket stereos come with an adaptor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Still struggling to find a suitable replacement unit....undecided if I should just buy same again as it lasted seven years...I don't need fancy stuff, the new units don't have cd players in !!!!

The wiring plug for the steering is still, as yet unidentified,  more poking around needed .

• Like 1