Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Insurance

PTR200S

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

And here we are again, insurance is due mid May....

Still waiting on renewal, still have not got a van, 6 months insurance "wasted"......

After spending time and effort to get the Elysion added to the general insurance database last year I can now use it for real !!!!

Money supermarket came in with the best quotes, Confused.com are still, erm, confused about the registration but does now accept the Elysion using the model entry mode.

Aviva come out top in both systems.. 183 quid in moneysupermarket.com and 230 in Confused.com  !!! Wtf !!

Even general accident give 186 in moneysupermarket.com and 235 in confused.com...

This is what happened when I renewed the Coupe,  moneysupermarket.com supermarket got the deal.

Compared to the £330 last year without the accident the 183 WITH the accident is "odd " it will be interesting to see the renewal with Mark Richards as the Elysion accident is not settled yet.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 5/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, st123 said:

Got mine last September It was £10 cheaper at £305 but will be shopping around this year can`t do it yet as they charge £90 canx fee 

Had the conversation today with the existing insurer, Mark Richards, altered a couple of bits to see if it moved the premium....no ! and they can't match cheaper quotes either...

So signed up with Aviva at £183.46, fully comp, including legal cover, courtesy car, windscreen cover, personal cover etc etc ....

Definitely worth the shop around now....I would test the system by trying to get your model into the comparison system, Confused, Money super market, Compare the market etc... Just see if you can find the correct model..

If not, then have the conversation with Compare the market, as I did last year, and with a bit of luck they should add the correct model information to the national insurance database....EVENTUALLY !!

• Like 3

Hello all, was requested to update about by insurance which is starting from next wk.....so basically i was with churchill for my existing Honda Shuttle for £250, the lady just said for the elysion they would have to add another £150 which sounded reasonable so i just went with it....didnt do much shopping around.....hope that helps. Mine is the white 2011 elysion 2.4. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SKhan said:

Hello all, was requested to update about by insurance which is starting from next wk.....so basically i was with churchill for my existing Honda Shuttle for £250, the lady just said for the elysion they would have to add another £150 which sounded reasonable so i just went with it....didnt do much shopping around.....hope that helps. Mine is the white 2011 elysion 2.4. 

Too late now but I wonder if your very "new" Elysion is showing on the insurance database?, enabling a comparison site check.?

Obviously everyone has different insurance requirements and individual circumstances so the premiums vary but its good to know all the different companies that are now beginning to insure these motors.

I tried Churchill in the early days of my ownership and they didn't want to know but my first premium with the only insurer at the time was about 400 odd,  I think...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
On 5/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, PTR200S said:

Had the conversation today with the existing insurer, Mark Richards, altered a couple of bits to see if it moved the premium....no ! and they can't match cheaper quotes either...

So signed up with Aviva at £183.46, fully comp, including legal cover, courtesy car, windscreen cover, personal cover etc etc ....

Definitely worth the shop around now....I would test the system by trying to get your model into the comparison system, Confused, Money super market, Compare the market etc... Just see if you can find the correct model..

If not, then have the conversation with Compare the market, as I did last year, and with a bit of luck they should add the correct model information to the national insurance database....EVENTUALLY !!

I insured my Vectra last year with Aviva and when I sold it , transferred the Honda to this policy. They wouldn't take it on because they stated it over 20 yrs old. I complained and got my renewal back.

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Chrismas said:

I insured my Vectra last year with Aviva and when I sold it , transferred the Honda to this policy. They wouldn't take it on because they stated it over 20 yrs old. I complained and got my renewal back.

Over 20 years old was their excuse? 

Jeez, I know last year they wouldn't do mine as it was not on the database but that seems to have changed with the Elysion being added to the national database...supposedly  !!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, st123 said:

Mark Richards this year £340 got online quote £155 

Who is the 155 quote with as a matter of interest? If you don't mind me asking of course !!

I thought mine at 183 was good !!!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Just put a deposit down on a 3.5 Elysion Prestige and started looking for insurance quotes. I was optimistic having read some of the posts here and had no trouble finding cheap insurance for my Honda Beat.

Im over 50, have an exisiting car and no claims/convictions.

Im not sure why, but almost no one wants to touch it. This would be a second car, so I have zero NCD to use, but I have 19 years on my main drive.

The issue seems to be that the Elysion has coilovers, so it is 'modified'...and because of that, the quotes have been horrendous

Cheapest quote was Adrian Flux at £571
AIB were then only other offer at £679

Used Money Expert comparison (which recognises the 3.5 litre) and that threw back only three results, all over £1000.

Jap Cover/Mark Richards said they couldn't find any one who would touch it.

Any one else had this problem with lowered suspension/mods on an import?

• Sad 2

• Moderators

If you go on the comparison sites and just put it in as standard do you get a good result ????

Additional thought, what is the cost of the 3 litre version for you?

Once you have a few variations it might help you decide if the 3.5 version is the one you want !!!

• Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Money supermarket,  cheapest is Admiral at £578. ..... FFS. !!!!

Confused is Churchill at £225.....this is the company that the third party, who caused the Elysion accident, was with ....the one I am still waiting for my excess to be paid and my previous insurance company to be paid the damages. !!

Wouldn't touch Churchill with a barge pole now.

No idea why the quotes have jumped in Money Supermarket,  they gave me Aviva last year at a great price and Aviva, the renewal this year,  at less than that ! ,

• Confused 1

• Moderators

In a bizarre twist, I arrive home today and post the above.

Now, the postie has just delivered.....wait for it ,, , a cheque for the excess direct from Churchill !

Just sixteen months after they agreed their party was at fault !!!!!

Still won't be getting the business though 😜😜😜😜

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
31 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Something weird about that quote on Project Oddy Stu! :o

Agreed, I will speak to current insurers with the oddy next week and see what they can do as even Aviva came back almost 200 notes more WTF.🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Something weird about that quote on Project Oddy Stu! :o

Agreed !!

It seems that a lot of insurance has gone up, apparently,  Direct Line has jacked it 19%  !!!!!

• grrrr 2