Subscriptions & Donations ×

Elysions spotted out and about

PTR200S

• Moderators

Reg is K25 SFC, 2008, 3 litre 

That makes FOUR in the area now ! Big area but they are definitely breeding !!!!

Just looked at the website , they are in " Shakespere " 🤣 Street!!!!   Pity they can't spell Shakespeare correctly, got it on there twice too,...... hope they can nail a lid on straight.....

I will be out that way Wednesday will see if I can clock it, I will be in the Elysion too 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Both are deemed correct though Pete as Shakespe(a)re himself changed how he spelled his name quite often.

👍

Not in this case though,  as its the name of the road and as such the spelling is Shakespeare....

The fact the company has premises on said road you would have thought they might get it right on their website !!!!!

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Not in this case though,  as its the name of the road and as such the spelling is Shakespeare....

A very valid point Pete! Depends which viewpoint you take, the most commonly accepted spelling the The Bards name is "Shakespeare" but if it's actually the name of the road in this case (i'd missed that bit) then i agree, it should be speeled correctly.

There is a road in Bury St Edmunds called Bedingfield Way. Try finding it on Google Maps though! :o

Google in their infinite wisdom have spelled it Bedingfeld Way.

Spelling mistakes or more often these days, typos are increasingly common and even on things that have been proof-read, especially if it looks right at first glance are often missed.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yep, it's there, large as van can be, parked on the pavement 🙄....confirmed as K25 SFC ,,,also got couple of other vehicles with similar reg plates, K23 and K24 SFC ,,,for the name of the company I guess. 

That's four of us,  blimey,  taking off big time 🤣🤣🤣 but well spaced out,  at least two are several miles or more away from me !!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

If anyone ever wants to spot an Elysions just briefly pass through Southport and surrounding area. There like flies round there 😁

The gold badged one was just heading out of the car park at the front as i was cutting through avoiding the road closure. Then a V6 badge adorned one making the most of the bypass past RAF Woodvale, something familiar about that one 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

. Then a V6 badge adorned one making the most of the bypass past RAF Woodvale, something familiar about that one 😉

Oops, might have been me !!!  Honestly officer I was just doing 60mph   ,.....towards Liverpool or from Liverpool??

Headed back to southport I was having trouble with some road captain dominating the outside lane !!!

Gave up in the end, to head down the coast road 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Southport bound, was I and the wee boy on the path at the gates of Woodvale. He wanted to see the Hawk gate guardian and I needed to park up the vw and let it cool down after it sneezed oil out the front setting off a whole host of alarms 🙄  just a pressure switch by looks of it. Back in the Honda for a few days though, but could only find E10 nearby ☹

• Like 2

• Moderators

08 plate white Elysion near Much Hoole, Preston.   I was hoofing in the Coupe so didn't initiate a wave !!!!

Think it may be the original 08 plate from further up this thread,...if not, then there were five 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Popped into screwfix today, in Coupe obviously, and there was the 08 black Elysion ,with the gold badges ,parked up.   

Just about to leave, having collected my stuff and the owner jumped in and drove off .......

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Looks  like it gets used then !!!   Out and about. 😁

I wonder about the number of 2.4 versions coming onto the market, very few 3.5 and only a handful of 3 litre... maybe its the fuel consumption worry but the 3 litre , at least with the VCM , is just as good on fuel as the 2.4 .   Unless you hoof it !!!!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Whilst following a Toyota Estima import, 2001 plate, and contemplating its remarkable resemblance to a slightly smaller Elysion another Elysion headed into to the local town passed me off a roundabout exit!

It was the black one, with gold badges I came across a couple of times last year and last seen in screwfix in December 2021 !!....when I was sans Elysion 😪

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Spotted x2 today within 30 secs of each other. Thought one was Pete, but as they blatantly ignored me trying to pull out of Tarleton aldi I figured it wasn't 😁 It was black with gold badges on closer inspection. Followed by a white one coming up the other way as I turned towards Preston. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Spotted x2 today within 30 secs of each other. Thought one was Pete, but as they blatantly ignored me trying to pull out of Tarleton aldi I figured it wasn't 😁 It was black with gold badges on closer inspection. Followed by a white one coming up the other way as I turned towards Preston. 

Not me, guv !  I didn't do it, I wasn't there, honest !!!!!! 

Elly is currently off the road whilst I try and make time to carry on with the suspension bushes 🙃🙃🙃

Been to that new Aldi a few times, I have had to turn left to get out into the traffic and do a U turn to turn around at the end of the queue!!!   Nobody will let you in .....but who in the council thought it was a good idea to build a supermarket with an entrance 50 yards off the traffic lights...onto a BUSY A road 🤬🤬🤬

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

....but who in the council thought it was a good idea to build a supermarket with an entrance 50 yards off the traffic lights...onto a BUSY A road 🤬🤬🤬

Yeh they got slated for that on the Facebook feedback and have promised to address it. I wondered if that's why the roadworks at the junction had reappeared?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

The Black Elysion,  08 plate , KUT, gold badged headed south towards Liverpool...me in Coupe headed for Preston...I waved then remembered I was in Coupe...he probably thought I was a nutter....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

On 29th of May (quick update Ike, well done 🤦‍♂️) I had to drive through the glorious city of London and when leaving late at night I spotted a white Elysion parked right next to north circular. It was somewhere in the eastern part of the road, no precise location or plate as it was super late, and I was driving for like 14 hours at that time. I have almost broken my neck.
It's the third Ely I saw in the wild ❤️

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Pulled into my fave fuel station ( at the moment !! ) , glanced in the mirror to see another Elly !!

20230715-092436.jpg

3 litre , 2008 reg job, black...never seen it before so look like another one locally.   Registered in Preston so might be around there too...

As I got out, the driver gave me the thumbs up through the window, got out and said hello !  Didn't get chance to have a chat as when I came out from paying he was already on the move.

20230715-092440.jpg

• Clap Hands 2