Subscriptions & Donations ×

Elysions spotted out and about

PTR200S

• Moderators

Here is an "Elysion spotted" thread starter for 10 !!

As the Elysion is a pretty rare beast here is the first that I have spotted actually on the road, or in the drive in this case.

As far as I knew there were NO Elsyion in my neck of the woods but on a rare excursion down a particular side road, maybe 8 miles from my place, is this 08 plate 2.4 version, sadly not a V6.

Registered in February 2019 its a new arrival on these shores and definitely around my area ...

bugger ! 😁  Might have to sell mine, getting a bit common !!!

another_one_much_hoole.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

That's the funny thing, Dave, when you get a car, bike, vehicle you ALWAYS spot loads of same vehicle as the one you have just got when you reckon that you never seen them before.

I can say , truthfully, that i have NEVER seen another Elysion on the road anywhere in my area, or in fact, anywhere i have been in the eleven months i have had mine. That is a measure of how rare they are....

Rest assured if i see one now it will be posted here !!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

The psychiatrists have a word for it Pete - heightened awareness. Two words really but because your attention has been drawn to the existence of a certain thing, you then notice it more.

For example, a couple of weeks ago in Sainsburys car park there was a block of 7 car parking spaces and 4 out of those 7 spaces were occupied by white cars, all Kia models (3 SUV style things and a saloon - sort of!) and from that moment until i got out of the car park, every car i noticed was white and either a Kia or Hyundai - they're both pretty much the same these days anyway. Shapes are certainly very similar but i don't remember any other cars from that visit.

Sure i've seen a couple of Elysions floating round here but with the USAF people, not really a surprise - seen quite a few Pilots and even an Insight quite regularly, only thing i haven't yet seen is a Ridgeline but i daresay that time will come. Loads of Dodge Chargers and Challengers (ooo-errr Geoff!) including some very new ones so there's plenty of variety!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Erm, and again today...this time I was in Elly and waved...think he saw me but no reaction....still the only other one I have seen around my area in the 18 months that I have had mine...

Still a club of two in which I am the only member 😢

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Mate rang me tonight, excitedly described seeing another Elysion but didn't clock the reg plate, colour? Erm, darkish......

He has been after one too after seeing mine hence the excitement, I asked him where he had seen it........named a town about 30 miles away...........

...where I was today......

• Haha 2

• Moderators

I spotted one yesterday, white one on USA plates, handlebars on the wrong side obviously Also spotted a gold Coupe, 3.0 V6, Y441 and didn't catch the rest. Looked like the one that's been on ebay a fair bit.

Nearly got intimate with a Honda Pilot today as well, driving on the wrong side of the road. Was on UK plates but 69 reg and looked fairly fresh off the boat (or C130 Hercules or similar) and left hand drive again.

That said, with a mate like yours, you'd think he'd have said hello! :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

Left hand drive Elysion ????

Did they make one for the states ? Thought they were all on Oddysey ????

Most Elly seem to reside  in right hand drive countries, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc 

Have to investigate as my lad in the US wanted an Elysion after seeing mine last year....although he is now contemplating an F150 !!!

Never really thought about lefties , got enough politicians in this country so far left of left they are commies or terror groups !!!!!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Left hand drive Elysion ????

Did they make one for the states ? Thought they were all on Oddysey ????

I have to confess i only caught a quick glimpse of the back end and expected to see the "Odyssey" badge but i'm sure it said "Elysion". If i see it again, i'll double check but being almost new, it's possible they have either renamed or started importing into the USA.

There's a big difference between an F-150 and an Elysion! :o

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

There's a big difference between an F-150 and an Elysion! :o

Ha,ha, kids these days have no idea what they want.... Greta....F150 is big cab but not as big as the Elysion however the load space is enormous!!! It replaces a Ranger....they have an Accord for car duty ( I taught him well!) 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was surprised Stu as i thought the same as you. It's still possible i might have misread it, seen it around a couple of times before but not close enough to read the badges.

It's possible it was a dealer badge from some USA dealer or even the military sales place but it didn't look like the latter. Definitely longer and sleeker than the Odyssey i saw a few minutes after anyway!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just did a bit of digging, i now know exactly what i saw!

It WAS an Odyssey, an Odyssey ELITE

https://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey

MY20-odyssey-ext-gallery-led-taillights-

I saw the EL and blurred the IT into a Y in my minds eye (was trying to look over my right shoulder and see where i was meant to be driving at the same time!) so mystery solved! ;):D

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Wow, ! Like the look of that backend, ooh, err, !!!!!

You are right though, got that sleek look that resembles the Elysion, the sort of new look that the Elysion could be morphed into if was produced in anywhere other than China now ....

I'll have the touring spec please, send one round, will you ? !!!!!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Looks like a Prestige model, lower body kit, possibly 57/06 plate onwards.....2.4 version

Need a rear end pic to help age it, big change on the rear lights..

Edit, yes it's a 2008 plate,  2.4 according to dvla, .......like the reg plate number 🙂

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
17 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Was the owner surprised/impressed you knew what it was?

He wasn't there, I don't know why his car was though. I pass this place on my journey to work and back but its the first time I've noticed it. 

• Like 4