Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion , it's BLUE, V6 & 3 litre !!!

PTR200S

• Moderators

Well the long awaited 3L V6 Elysion is here and needs a few upgrades.

UK sat nav radio etc unit going in but waiting on some bits ...

Needs a good wash and brush up plus up some ramps for a check underneath.

Gearbox oil has been changed by the importer, looks clean but no idea what they have used or even what should be in it.

Oil and filter have also been changed so will run it for couple weeks then drop oil and put a genuine Honda filter on...

Good bits are, its had new uk tyres, wheels already refurbished, sat nav is half in !  Its got a new halfords battery, paint looks pretty good but needs an Anhsy magic touch !!

Bad bits found so far, small dink in offside rear door , all the black plastic is untouched by the valeters ?  couple bits trim need attention, no user manual !! Obviously ! And anyway i dont speak or even read japanese !

Things i need to get used to, keycard alarm/ ignition, a foot handbrake (say what?!) Electric rear doors (magic! ) , And probably other things as they come to light..

Pictures to follow , Dave ?

Elysion_arrival_1_190518.jpg

18 inchers,, mmmm,,,,,,

Elysion_arrival_6_190518.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Is that left foot operated Pete?

Well my left foot fits it !!!

Not quite sure how to do a hill start although i guess using the  , erm handbrake, like a clutch might do it !!

Elysion_arrival_5_190518.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

One other thing that came to light is an overfilled ps reservoir.... Then discovered it resembled jed clampetts texas gold.. 

Elysion_arrival_11_190518.jpg

Got the syringe out and gave the reservoir a good sucking, new Honda ps in to the correct level.

Elysion_arrival_13_190518.jpg

Elysion_arrival_12_190518.jpg

Headlights plastic lenses need a thorough seeing to, in order to see through them ! Done one already.

Elysion_arrival_4_190518.jpg

Then she got a good bath, sponging all those nooks and crannies intimately., Nothing like taking a bath with your  loved one! Discovered light scrapes on that dented rear door.... The paint is rough to touch in places, road crap although i think its been cleaned with traffic film remover, not a scrap of wax on it.

Header tank coolant below max but above minimum so filled it up and will keep an eye on it.

Brake fluid up and clear

Tea at three now, biscuit in hand and feet up ?

• Like 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Well my left foot fits it !!!

Not quite sure how to do a hill start although i guess using the  , erm handbrake, like a clutch might do it !!

Left foot brake it on the errr............ footbrake and give it some encouragement with the other foot on the loud pedal and then let go with the left.

Alternatively, does it have one of those "hill holder" things?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Apparently the second row of seats can be turned to face the rear, third row, seats.....no manual and cant get them to move ...... Anyone done this before ?

Edit, sorted now, just fold squab up, backrest forward against squab, twist seat anticlockwise out of some sort of ball loaded mech and round she goes.!

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Left foot brake it on the errr............ footbrake and give it some encouragement with the other foot on the loud pedal and then let go with the left.

Alternatively, does it have one of those "hill holder" things?

Is that the middle footbrake or the left handyfooty thingy !!!??? ¡!

Hill holder, hmm, dunno, no manual ?   have try it out !

Pictures are in the ether at the moment

• Like 1

• Moderators

Valeted by SWVS - Stevie Wonder Valeting Services!

Seriously Pete, was it meant to have been valeted before you got it? :o If so i'd ask for a refund of however much the valeting is meant to be!

Other than that, lovely looking car and despite liking leather in my cars, that sort of vehicle i'd make an exception and go for the fabric. Stus looked fantastic with the leather but unless it was mainly used as a "posh taxi", fabric would be a better option - could even slip some seat covers over it to protect them. ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

Just noticed the VCM on the engine cover, nice once Pete,  Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) is Honda's term for its variable displacement technology, which saves fuel by using the i-VTEC system to disable one bank of cylinders during specific driving conditions — for example, highway driving. The 2008-12 Accords took this a step further, allowing the engine to go from 6 cylinders, down to 4, and further down to 3 as the computer sees fit.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Just been out on a test run, got the end of the road to turn left onto a dual carriageway, flicked indicator on....wiped windows and smeared the screen nicely. Oops!

Right-hand indicator  left hand wipers, dad.

As Stu says, VCM ; when it activates an eco light logo pops up on dash...on three cylinders now. Now for those of you thinking that must be rough I have to say its as smooth as you like ! Cant detect the change from 6 to 3 and vice versa, amazing!

The on screen fuel consumption figures change to nearly half as much less again.  10 kilometres per 1 litre of fuel to nearly 15 !!!

Its not just on steady running at 50mph either, it can be on when doing 30 but unless you see the lit logo on the dash you don't know its happened .

• Like 3

• Moderators

Another interesting anomaly is that it has hid lights but no headlamp washers... Unlike my Tourer. I am assuming there is no silly rule in japan about headlight washers.... which in truth are a complete waste of time

• Like 3

• Moderators

Well, it's 5.30am, haven't even been out to see the big beast this morning but have been and washed the other V6 in the stable ! Greenie is chomping at the bit to get her dry space in the garage when the S2k goes today....... Haven't the heart to tell her that the big beast goes in for maintenance and checking first ? 

Plan today is to tackle the paintwork again today, sneaking suspicion that something has been sprayed in the vicinity and the Elysion was in the fallout area. Late last night I was scraping residue off the glass all round the vehicle.

Does anyone know if when stuff is imported are they sprayed with some sort of protection fluid ?? Does seem to have a sticky feel in areas.....

Another job is led bulbs for the interior lights, 11 in all !!!! 

Any led recommends for interior 501 bulbs???, tech seems to have moved on in led again .

In front of all that though is a filter check, particularly on the Cabin Filter ?  why is it that they never get changed in the so called dealer servicing?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hughezee said:

Just noticed the VCM on the engine cover, nice once Pete,  Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) is Honda's term for its variable displacement technology, which saves fuel by using the i-VTEC system to disable one bank of cylinders during specific driving conditions — for example, highway driving. The 2008-12 Accords took this a step further, allowing the engine to go from 6 cylinders, down to 4, and further down to 3 as the computer sees fit.

I thought I was a car nerd ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Does seem to have a sticky feel in areas.....

:o Oooooo-errrrr missus!!! :o What areas? It might be an idea to go to someone like Rustbuster and get them to clean and protect the underside (and wherever else they can) because even if it has been sprayed with something protective, if it's anything like thier valeting, they've probably missed 90% of it!

http://www.rust.co.uk/

Another job is led bulbs for the interior lights, 11 in all !!!! 

Any led recommends for interior 501 bulbs???, tech seems to have moved on in led again

Depends on whether they are in a reflector housing or not Pete, also the direction the bulb is in compared to the light output. Got a couple of ideas that might work well.

a filter check, particularly on the Cabin Filter ?  why is it that they never get changed in the so called dealer servicing?

Cost, lazy mechanics, ignorance - who knows? :o

• Like 3

• Moderators

After being assured that all filters had been changed I checked the pollen filter it was bad, I checked the oil filter , its good but a spurious one, and of course the air filter which was confirmed changed just this morning....

Elysion_airfilter_200518.jpg

In another check of the overfilled PS reservoir it was ok on level but once again black fluid....

Elysion_arrival_13a_190518.jpg

Elysion_arrival_13b_190518.jpg

• Confused 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, hughezee said:

air filter looks like the coupes if its any consolation Pete , work in progress with PAS fluid as always...

Yep, the PS fluid turned that colour with a ten mile run ? at this rate I will need to order some more fluid ! Methinks it might not have been changed.... EVER !

You can hear the steering groaning when under full load, just hope I have caught it in time.

Got some code numbers now for the filters for the Elysion so just need to cross check against a few possibilities.

The good news is the air filter should have been changed but the mechanic did not do so, the importer was not happy after he got the pic and "comment" (!!!) from me... upshot is that a new filter on its way to me ?

• Like 3

• Moderators

Ok, looks like the pollen filter has the same number as a Honda Civic Fd2 and also an Accord 2.2 diesel mk7 or a Stepwagon !... in this case the number is 80292 SLJ 013

The Legend is not the same nor the CRV...

Cox Motor parts stock the real thing at 23 quid, is it worth getting these or trying to get a blueprint for instance. The Honda has a three layer filter, not sure about the Blueprint and others, they don't seem to give out that sort of info ?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm glad you gave the importer a flea in his ear Pete! Someone different would have taken them at their word that it was freshly serviced before shipping (or whenever it was meant to have been done) and run the car as it was until it needed a service.

Blueprint are usually pretty good quality, often they are OE suppliers to Jap manufacturers but even if it's only a double layer filter and you have to change it in 6 months, it still has to be better than a blocked one and buys you some breathing space (and the engine too!) in the meantime. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators

I realise that the Elysion is rare but has anyone any experience of the electric rear doors?

If they are opened with the external handle they do not open as far as when the cockpit door control is used.

They stop short about 6 inches off the stops, there is no access problem as the doors are wide anyway but it seems odd that only the cockpit control opens them fully.?

• Like 1