Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion , it's BLUE, V6 & 3 litre !!!

PTR200S

• Moderators

In a twist to the dark side, the rear fog lamp that looks like a tail light output, 5W,  turned out to have an LED in it !! Obviously installed when it was imported.... the output is dismal despite having "all round" led chips... and I guess the output is a lot less than a comparable 21 watt standard bulb.

I need to find a taillight single filament 21watt with a red glass !!  Not sure what the equivalent is but the R582 looks to be the big capless bulb...but with a red glass? hmmm, ..

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

I need to find a taillight single filament 21watt with a red glass !!  Not sure what the equivalent is but the R582 looks to be the big capless bulb...but with a red glass? hmmm, ..

Capless? As in similar to the reverse lights in the Accord? A bit like this :

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/12-volt-collection/12vt20red

T20_Red_new_2_grande.jpg?v=1511720354

A better example is this :

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/12-volt-collection/582

t20_W21W_white_grande.jpg?v=1545226271

If that's more or less what you're after, give Duncan at Classics Car LEDs a call and see what he can suggest. Freephone number so won't even cost you! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Yes, thats the style,T20 ?, however, the first link is to a stop/tail version, twin filament.. i need the single filament as the second link but with red

...............LEDs - not red glass, red LEDs - like the first lamp that has red LEDs but the single filament version.

I couldn't find one either but sure you can get one, or have it made. A normal R382 fitted to a T20 base will do it :

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/2x-ba15s-red-stop-fog-led-4014-30-smd-brake-rear-light-glb382-p21w-canbus

6_volt_ba15s_21w_white_958f09c8-6108-421

That should get you what you need. ;):D

• Moderators

Managed to find some t20 7440 single filament versions for 7 quid a piece, red glass standard bulbs.

Then found the Horizon LED company and their offerings using red led , all the versions in all of the sizes ! 5w through to 30w offerings..with a price to match !

Checking the 30w offerings found several recommends from Accord users !!! The 16w seem to be a good replacement for reversing light options.

They seem to be offering 30 % discount right now too but at 16 quid for a 16w version they need to do  !!!!

• Moderators

The question is, is the 30W actual consumed power or equivalent light output? Don't forget the problems Jon had with his reverse lights recently fitting 36W bulbs in place of his reverse lamps! :o

My LED headlamp bulbs are only 25W per filament, compared to 5A~ for the halogen equivalent. The light output from the LEDs is ~1800-2000Lm, halogens are 1200-1600Lm so my LEDs are brighter than normal headlamps.

The normal 21W filament bulb is about 350Lm so you need to find a red LED version that's a bit more than this, 600Lm would be a good area to be around.  My LED stop/tail bulbs are about 660Lm with both lit and about100Lm with just the tail light part lit.

A bit of food for thoght to go with your breakfast! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Horizon don't seem to list either lumens or bulb size ? !!

The rating of 5 to 30w I am presuming is equivalent halogen output but in any case I have raised a query on both counts.,

Trouble is i have been here before with Coupe and ended up going back to standard bulbs due to fit or output...i just don't believe the led market is on the case right now, industry lies mostly.....like the politicians we currently , apparently, elect 😃

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Rang him, Duncan, this morning and although they don't have a red option as yet they are going to work on it 😁  Had a long discussion on various bulbs and light output thereof ...better than that he knows the Elysion and offered some good advice re rear lighting...

Took the opportunity to discuss the TVR too and they do a complete selection for it, in fact, they were at a TVR meet recently with around 400 cars there so are well into them !

Many thanks Dave...😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Did the seals and locks about two months ago, used the proper Honda stuff on the seals. still a bit on the reluctant side for the locks, I think the internals are probably "frozen"... still the sunshine is "blasting" out now !! Just have a bit of a late start to the day,,,,, another brew I think, or take the Coupe ! 🙃

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Been a while since I posted on this thread but as I have had a six month sabbatical from driving Elly due to no fault of my own, it feels like I am starting all over again!!!!!

First thing is the indicators are on the wrong side...maybe that is the "right" side...manged to wipe the windows and collect a failure to indicate beep of the horn from someone when I drove it home from the mot station 🤣🤣🤣

Also got a new bosch battery as the other one died in the bodyshop,  10.6  volt odd, indicating a least one cell failure. 

It's getting a good clean at present so it will be off the road until June. 

Just glad she is back 😍

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just taxed the beast ready for the 1st June !!!

£295 lighter 😱😭

Still, I suppose its cheaper than the Coupe which will come off the road tomorrow for a much needed rest and recuperation after nearly 7 months of enforced hard labour working for a living..😛😛😛

Can't wait to press that pedal and feel 250bhp wind up the transmission  !!!   .......and watch that fuel gauge drop ...which reminds me I need to put some fuel in first, at the extortionate cost its gone up to, 180.9 at the local Texaco 😭😭😭😭😭😭 although definetly less than the 194.9 at Shell yesterday. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Glad to report after the first full day of service the van is as good as it was before the accident !!!!  Small caveat is that the passenger door needs a slight adjustment to the catch as it's is tight on the seals, however,  decided to leave it and see if the seals settle a bit in use.

Averaged 22mpg yesterday,  FULLY LOADED including a three lift set of wood / aluminium ladders inside !!  Had to pass through the roundabout where it all kicked off nearly 7 months ago...very carefully 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Very warm yesterday but the engine performed admirably and the aircon is well up to it, still as good as my now represurised aircon in the Coupe. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• The topic was unpinned