Subscriptions & Donations ×

Handbrake Warning Light 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

V6vtec

I know the front do most of the work I'm not stupid buddy but the rears are always working as well as it's about a 70/ 30 split on these cars but I know that they are working efficiently and effectively as I have noticed the wear of the pad is about right compared to the fronts and yeah I've been checking as I'm paranoid about sticking calipers again I'm not some rookie I just drive fast and brake hard like I said and it's pretty much every time I drive you should see how quickly my track mg used to kill a set of pads 

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 years later...

Today my brake lamp warning light illuminated on my dash, and at the same time the HAND brake light also illuminated.   I guess I have blown a bulb, but didn't have anyone with me to help me check, so I'll check tomorrow.

Anyway,  I noticed that the warning lights illuminated while I was not pressing the brake pedal, so I wondered how the warning lamp is triggered. 

Does anybody know? 

• Sad 1

• Founding Member

Might not be related, but it would be worth checking the brake fluid level , just in case it means low fluid....  Rotted pipes could leak fluid...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Had this before with both lights on, low brake fluid level caused by, as Paul says, a rotted brake pipe, in my case above the fuel tank on the offside rear. 

I lost the brakes completely....then noticed the lights had come on 🙄🙄🙄🙄