Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Boot Lid Water Drip...

Andy Mc

Hi, not a grumble, just curious.

But does everybody else's boot drip water in when raised? Or do I need to de gunk and clean out a channel somewhere? If it's been raining it must be holding water around the light cluster which only empties when up. I've found myself having to place shopping etc in the centre rather than hook bags to the side or they get a good splattering :(

Not a big deal, just an observation and wondering if a design thing or a gunk thing :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

Apparently they all do this. Well, mine does and I'm sure I've heard other people complain too....

It's not the first car I've had with a proper Boot that has done this, seems quite common. :)

But if it's not leaking in the same place when closed, count yourself lucky.... :D

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Not a big deal, just an observation and wondering if a design thing or a gunk thing :rolleyes:

Mine just drips off the right hand side when open, no water in the boot otherwise, i reckon mine is just running around the outside seal and then gathering in one place to do three or four drips, no more.

• Like 1

Looking at freshening up that seal will go on the list for now.

Forgot to update about discs saga over the bank hold, in the end I limped carefully over to the in-laws to sort it £23 pads £88 pair of front discs. However suppliers then phoned back, they only had one disc left. He tried 4 others in the trade who came back with 0. ECP only had 4 pairs left 3 cheapo ones and one decent pair but was ££££ compared to anything else. 

Scraping was the metal plate from the outside of a pad which had come loose, slipped down impacting on disc which bent it inwards. Inside pad still had wear on it. Took the grinder to the disc and gently smoothed it where it had caught. Not best practice i know but i was stuck!

The drivers side which I'd clocked the week before when oil changing, had just under a centimetre left. Most odd :o

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 1998-2002 Accord Coupe Boot Lid Water Drip...