Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

The car’s been running really well with a noticeable difference in gear changing especially after the second drain and refill.

The box seems to change faster and more often but still very smoothly. 

One thing I have noticed looking at the photos I took, it appears I have a couple of small cracks in the sump emminating from the plug area. Not overly concerned but it’s a possible TIG/MIG welding job in the near future. 

I’m on holiday in Spain at the moment and to be quite honest I can’t wait to get home and get behind the wheel. I’m missing my car. 

I can honestly say this has never felt like this about a car before.

I’ve got some sort of Honda V6 love sickness. The misses is very concerned about me. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Founding Member

I’d say it’s very normal to feel this way about this Coupe. I was away for 5 months in 2013 and left the Coupe on my friends drive. I can’t tell you how much I missed it and missed driving it. I used log in to my friends CCTV at all hours just to have a look and get my fix. I got my friends to wash it a few times and then take pictures to send to me. 

Just a lovely car to own, look at, work on, clean and drive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Most women just don't get it because it's not "nest-building" related. One useful argument is that most women believe men never grow up. Suggest that to her and if she agrees, she is then hoist by her own petard - how can you be suffering a mid-life crisis if you've not grown up? 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Suggest that to her and if she agrees, she is then hoist by her own petard - how can you be suffering a mid-life crisis if you've not grown up? 😛

Hmm, that may not be the ideal solution !!! 

Any suggestions to women are always viewed with suspicion..😲.. so I am reliably informed... .......................and who am I to argue ! 🙄

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Nice ! Was this the gear from the States.

Did you get hit with import tax ?😈

Yeah good old US of A, wasn't too bad with FedEx, but when other deliveries go via Germany with DHL it takes for forever and charges are doubled 😡

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

when other deliveries go via Germany with DHL it takes for forever and charges are doubled 😡

Have to say Stu, my recent FPR purchase (for the Volvo) was via DHL and also went via "Der Vaterland" but the only Import VAT was charged at Heathrow Customs and came to about £3 (original invoice of part was £15.xx) but it turned out that Royal Mail had to collect the import VAT, for which they charged the inordinate sum of £8 for the privilege!

Without the Import VAT, the FPR cost me about £22 ($26) inc S&H (USA version of P&P for those who've never ordered from the states) and the Import VAT and RMs "fee" bumped it up by £11 making it £33 total - still cheaper than £498 i was quoted by the few places that listed it for mine! They also listed it for the Porsche 911 and 928 which explains the sharp disaprity in cost! :o

I'll see what happens on my next order with Rock Auto, for a new dizzy cap, rotor arm and set of HT leads for the Sterling - hopefully they'll be sent by FedEx instead! Expecting it to be about £40 for the three items + S&H, if they come through FedEx, be intersting to see what the Import VAT is! ;):D

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

if they come through FedEx, be intersting to see what the Import VAT is! ;):D

They charge you import duty upfront with FedEx so straight to your door normally about 8-9 days quicker as result too 😗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Interesting - thanks for that info Stu! Last things i bought from the USA were below the threshold for import duty and came via FedEx so i didn't know that. Fingers crossed when i order the bits, they are sent out via FedEx in that case! ;):D

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, hughezee said:

I was pleasantly surprised with the new Acura callipers on the coupe, second brake fluid change today and OMG they are feeling good, cruise on the cards tomorrow... 😃😁

Cruise(s) complete and very happy, stops more progressively, better control basically with plenty of stopping power in reserve...😁

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good news all round really then! A short term minor improvement probably isn't worth the time and expense of renewing the front pads and discs as well, once these new rears bed in i'd say you'll find it's got the best brakes it's had in your ownership of it. ;):D

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

once these new rears bed in i'd say you'll find it's got the best brakes it's had in your ownership of it. ;):D

I did the front calipers aswell, just no pics dam phone broke without my help this time...

• Like 2