Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Site Subscriber’s
2 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Found these stickers on eBay the other day. Not really a fan of stickers on my 'modern', but I thought these summed our cars up just about right! IMG_20210915_160143449_HDR.thumb.jpg.87e18372bec05b48f117dd43b573fca9.jpgIMG_20210915_160247842.thumb.jpg.99d91ff861ccdf48b6de9dc7fb9935a6.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USA-United-States-America-JAPAN-American-Japanese-Flag-100mm-Sticker-x1-2-BONUS-/323871011568?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 1

Feeling inspired by my new MOT I got stuck in to some serious and somewhat overdue maintenance. New oil and filter and a part change of tranny fluid. Blew the air filter clean and put it back, could still see the sun through it. Cooling system back flush and a new thermostat. Changed the cam belt and water pump (again !) after another 63k and new antifreeze. Got all the bits from the States and saved a mint. Genuine Chinese copies appeared fine to me. Car is running beautifully right now......just hope it lasts. Worked out the plugs have done 60k without missing a beat so they can stay put for now. Having replaced the CVJ's earlier in the year I ended up with two complete and brand new kits which I can't see me needing. Long and boring story. If anyone is in need give me a tug. Happy motoring, cheers Jon

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

You're to blame for the biblical downpours i've had all over the weekend then Pete?

Sure i saw a bloke with a big bushy beard wandering along with a load of planks on his shoulders the other day..............................

Rain ? 

Never seen rain for weeks 😀...... mist at 5.30am this morning when I ventured from my pit, followed by blue skies and sun all day again here. 🥵, OK maybe not too hot, around 63f but no wind (again) so felt warm.

Now about this bloke with a bushy, was he carping on about fishfingers or arking on about someone getting to walk his plank if he found out who nicked the bird....🙄

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

OK maybe not too hot, around 63f but no wind (again) so felt warm.

Daytime temps have been around 20-22C or 68-72F in old money but also been very humid, like 90+% humidiy. Night temps have dropped to anywhere from 6-8C to 14-16C, depending on the day.

10 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Now about this bloke with a bushy,

No fish fingers mentioned but he kept humming about animals and 2x2s and building a boat.

• Like 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

5th slop out of the power steering fluid. I think its getting clearer 🤔

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuuet7i6m7brawm/20210926_134217.jpg?dl=0

That's pretty dark !!!  Are those bits in the bottom of the container out of the fluid or is it some from a previous occupant  🙃 of the container?  😂😂

Does it feel any better, easier to twirl the wheel, smoother ...?? Or just the same.??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Had a brand new custom exhaust system fitted today, as the other decided to completely fall off on the M1 a round a month ago, I tried to upload an image but I don't know how to from a url. Does the link I've attached below work?

652812383.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

That looks great,  !!!   

Need more details Kieran !!

A lot of exhaust will be beginning to breathe their last gasp co2 therefore useful information on supply would be great 😀

Need more Pics !!!

Where from?, location in country good.

Custom build using different parts or complete custom from scratch ?

Constructed on the day or had to wait ??

Cat back or just rear end ? 

And , of course,  rough idea of costs, if you can please 😉

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

That looks great,  !!!   

Need more details Kieran !!

A lot of exhaust will be beginning to breathe their last gasp co2 therefore useful information on supply would be great 😀

Need more Pics !!!

Where from?, location in country good.

Custom build using different parts or complete custom from scratch ?

Constructed on the day or had to wait ??

Cat back or just rear end ? 

And , of course,  rough idea of costs, if you can please 😉

I had it done in Derby, its called powerflow, they have places all over the UK though!

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

Complete custom build, took the car in a week before, they asked what I'd like, they built it then installed it a week later, only took them half a day to install, could choose from different tips, I went for chrome, and they go so well, they also lifted it up more as I felt the original was hanging low, as I'm going to get it lowered slightly eventually.

Cat back, it was all ruined, my cat isn't looking great tho so I'm worried that might go in a couple years 😭

It set me back £750, but I'm chuffed with it!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Kieran said:

I had it done in Derby, its called powerflow, they have places all over the UK though!

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

Complete custom build, took the car in a week before, they asked what I'd like, they built it then installed it a week later, only took them half a day to install, could choose from different tips, I went for chrome, and they go so well, they also lifted it up more as I felt the original was hanging low, as I'm going to get it lowered slightly eventually.

Cat back, it was all ruined, my cat isn't looking great tho so I'm worried that might go in a couple years 😭

It set me back £750, but I'm chuffed with it!

"Ouch" as said .........but now you have a very quiet ? ........and smooth running Coupe  !!

I presume that nothing was salvageable from the old setup as " all ruined" , did they say the cat was bad too ?

Did they have an offering to replace the cat ?

I have seen the Powerflow name a lot recently,  seem to be a good set up then from what you say. Got a couple of branches 20 miles away from me in different directions. There are a couple of custom fabrication places locally, wonder how prices compare national to local.

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

"Ouch" as said .........but now you have a very quiet ? ........and smooth running Coupe  !!

I presume that nothing was salvageable from the old setup as " all ruined" , did they say the cat was bad too ?

Did they have an offering to replace the cat ?

I have seen the Powerflow name a lot recently,  seem to be a good set up then from what you say. Got a couple of branches 20 miles away from me in different directions. There are a couple of custom fabrication places locally, wonder how prices compare national to local.

Yes I do, I've kept it so I can still hear the v6, as it would be an offence not to! 

No it was ruined, i have a friend who is a mechanic and when he put it up the ramp he was tapping it with a screwdriver and it was flaking off, that's how bad it was!! 

No offer to replace the cat, but I've had it all rust proofed.

I never checked around, I'm not very knowledgeable, my friend reccomended powerflow.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Powerflow have been around many years and offer many options for silencing (or lack of!) on custom built systems. From what i understand, most of the various exhaust builders around the country that use their products/are a desginated supplier are franchised so prices could indeed vary from builder to builder, as could the ultimate quality of the system, welds etc and methods of joinging sections.

I believe they also own Euroflo exhausts, those standard pattern exhausts that are cheap and normally need some fettling to get them to fit! Luckily the stainless stuff seems to be made to better standards than the aftermarket pattern stuff though! ;):D

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Timing belt kit and water pump back in stock now, and my local garage has now fitted these! Great stuff. It was a good 10 years since it was last replaced, and while I have not noticed any difference at low speeds, it feels a lot smoother at higher speeds, 40mph plus. Apparently Blueprint kit.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 9/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Jon said:

Feeling inspired by my new MOT I got stuck in to some serious and somewhat overdue maintenance. New oil and filter and a part change of tranny fluid. Blew the air filter clean and put it back, could still see the sun through it. Cooling system back flush and a new thermostat. Changed the cam belt and water pump (again !) after another 63k and new antifreeze. Got all the bits from the States and saved a mint. Genuine Chinese copies appeared fine to me. Car is running beautifully right now......just hope it lasts. Worked out the plugs have done 60k without missing a beat so they can stay put for now. Having replaced the CVJ's earlier in the year I ended up with two complete and brand new kits which I can't see me needing. Long and boring story. If anyone is in need give me a tug. Happy motoring, cheers Jon

who is the US supplier you use?

• Like 2

Certified Auto Parts

829 Los Olivia Dr

San Gabriel CA 91775-1626

I got the Cam belt kit complete with water pump and seals from them but bought the hydraulic tensioner separately. Went for the shorter type which supposedly can be reset. They are interchangeable.

All through EBay who now have an export hub in Kentucky.... excellent service

Good luck Jon

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 10/24/2021 at 4:35 PM, Jon said:

Certified Auto Parts

829 Los Olivia Dr

San Gabriel CA 91775-1626

I got the Cam belt kit complete with water pump and seals from them but bought the hydraulic tensioner separately. Went for the shorter type which supposedly can be reset. They are interchangeable.

All through EBay who now have an export hub in Kentucky.... excellent service

Good luck Jon

thanks, I suppose you have to go through the US eBay site, to access them here?

• Like 2