Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord Coupe Fuel Consumption "MPG"

hughezee

• Moderators

I have driven 30 miles in the Coupe after the light comes on...not normal practise though as you never know what crap is in the bottom of the tank so I usually get petrol when gauge is around the quarter mark.

The Elysion has just returned 23.7 mpg on mixed driving, mostly town though, this morning. It has the later J30 engine with 250bhp and two tonnes to pull so 27mpg in the Coupe is an acceptable average mpg I reckon

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Okay - at the orange light, it seems 51ltrs are required to refill and I've used three tankfulls since last posting, so that's a pretty accurate figure.

I checked specs and it's a 65ltr tank... so 14ltr left in there or just over three gallons. I'm surprised. That's a lot! It'd explain why I consistently have a smaller range than what everyone else suggests for theirs.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Every car is different though. On mine, it does what it says in the book and there's about 9L left when the "feed me" light comes on. However, wehn i had the 827 Coupe as well, that only came on when the level was down to about 4-5L which caught me out once or twice!

That said, it only took about a tenners worth to get rid of the feed me light, on the Sterling it takes about £20 and it's soon back on if i only put £20 in! :o

• Like 3

• Moderators

Had a blast in the Coupe yesterday to collect some bits, makes a change from just using it on shopping runs recently..... wow, such an accomplished motor for very little money outlay ! Just 😍 it

Fuel light on, gonna need some fuel in it now though after putting down the hammer just to hear the intake roar 😜,,,, how many miles to gallon ? ,, as I have said previously I don't care that much, its money well spent for enjoyment in spades 😁 

Where could you get a car for such an inexpensive outlay  but get an expensive feeling motor from ? 

Need to keep these cars a secret, so, don't tell anyone its name , Pike !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 11 months later...
  • Administrators

Thought I would revisit this topic regards MPG especially this time of year and difference in a 20-year thermostat or a circoli shit stat.😡🤪  I replaced my coupes thermostat a few years ago with a OEM part and temp and MPG always remained consistent and worlds of difference in comparison to other coupe owners it seems.

So after a few recent niggles with a couple four pots, one included the odyssey and after replacing my thermostat "AGAIN" this time with a quality blueprint one the MPG has shot up 13mpg making average 44MPG mixed driving which I am more than pleased with, so change your old thermostat folks.👍

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators

A definite thumbs_up on that one Stu! I normally renew my 'stat every other coolant change. Being ethylene glycol, i replace it every two years and when i do the 'stat as well, i always use a flushing agent. As such my routine works out as :

Coolant change #1 (2 years)

Drain, reverse flush with 'stat out. Refit 'stat, add 5l of new antifreeze and top up with water.

Coolant change #2 (after another 2 years)

Drain, reverse flush with 'stat out.. Refit 'stat, add coolant system flush (last time i used Comma X-Stream Flush), fill with water. Take for a drive to get hot.

Leave overnight to cool then drain, reverse flush with 'stat out, fit new 'stat and seal, add 5L of new anitfreeze, top up with water.

This routine has worked well for me for a very long time now. I've never had to change a 'stat midway through due to failure - even when i've used an el-cheapo Circoli one! ;):D

• Like 3

spot on. Have done 250 miles in my V6 so far, and 26 mpg, although is on LPG which gives a tad lower mpg than petrol apparently, so possibly 28 mpg if on petrol. Note have found Honda 16" wheels and fitted with nice bouncy Bridgestone Turanzas 205/55s so comfy cruising now instead of rocky 215/40s, also with nice shiny new Honda wheelnuts from Honda dealer £12 for 20.

• Like 4

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Mike Thomas said:

Have done 250 miles in my V6 so far, and 26 mpg, although is on LPG which gives a tad lower mpg than petrol apparently, so possibly 28 mpg if on petrol.

More like 34mpg on petrol then - the "accepted" conversion factor is ~1.3, i can't remember the exact figure and it's something to do with the different calorific values of petrol and LPG but then you have to take into account LPG is about 105 octane so it's swings and roundabouts.

Not being funny but you either got a bargain with those wheel nuts or they're not genuine Honda - they normally come out about £16 for mine - per nut! :o

The aftermarket ones that i fitted instead are about £10 for 16 so £12 for 20 would be about right - TRS i think made them.

• Like 3

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was pinned