Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe on Epsilon Alloys "PAINTED BLACK"

hughezee

• Administrators

Painted these wheels a little while ago now, back garden special  :lol: and had nothing but compliments  :)  so I thought I would share a few pic's

IMAG0481.jpgIMAG0686.jpg

I wasn't to keen on silver so I painted them black B) surprisingly they make the car handle a little sweeter as well :D

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrators
18 hours ago, PaulS said:

Not sure I would have chosen black - my old steel wheels from my Merc are black....., but they look well done.  Did you just spray them, or powder coat them?

Hi Paul I can see your point but the way I look at is, take dark coloured car with dark wheels probably wouldn't look good and if compared with one with light wheels but on the other hand, a silver car with silver wheels could get away with it very nicely. However when I purchased the wheels obviously they weren't black but looked horrible on my gold car and the car they were indented for was never available in gold. Gold is funny colour, especially with wheels designs and that's why I went with the two-tone appearance i.e black bonnet and spoiler so the wheels followed suite. ;) I put some other wheels on temporarily whilst I was painting the these and in all honesty, it made the car look dated, even family & friends even commented on how bad they looked compared to the others and I agreed whole heartedly with them.

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

FYI I used spray cans and the original job (pictured above) lasted 3+ years so happy with that as I've spent enough at the body shop lately.

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Stu what a difference between the black and silver wheels......so agree with your choice to go with black.....a totally different car and the name "Flex" totally suits black wheels. 

• Like 2