Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Prelude Projects or Purchase Suggestions “EXTERNAL LINKS”

Cryistic

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

They are indeed Geoff. I've often wondered how the Rover/Honda partnership would have progressed if BAe (not even a British company despite its name! :angry: :angry: :angry: ) hadn't sold out to the krauts. Whether maybe the next generation 800 and Legend would have shared more again or perhaps even a merger. I know that in Australia the Honda Quintet was sold as the Rover Quintet - maybe the shape of things to come if BMW hadn't got in the way. You can see it now - two members of the joint Honda-Rover board - "Tonight Penfold, we take over the locality, tomorrow.........the world!" ;):D:P

But seriously, what an automotive partnership that could have been!

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • Founding Member
  • Moderators
26 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

Wow! 

I had burgundy red version, 79/80  year if I recall, manual box so that first one would be mine ! Not sure i would want an old auto version as is the second one.

Sadly, neither will be coming home to mine unless Dave parts with some of his lottery wins that he needs too !!!

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Sorry Pete, no lottery winnings last night except for the bin - that won a used ticket! :P

If i had won though, i'd have that gold Prelude and also make sure i bought a house with a garage (or room to build one) where i could park my fleet!

I'd forgotten about the concentric speedo and rev counter in those early Preludes, nice idea! ;):D

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
38 minutes ago, hughezee said:

A lovely example, paint looks a little flat, not regularly waxed. 🤔

Cleaned in a side of the road car wash !!! Traffic film wash / power washed 😜

Talking of which,  two Elysion owners have had paint stripped off with jet washers, one tailgate and another front of the roof.......

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Founding Member
On 10/23/2022 at 9:12 PM, hughezee said:

I turned down a rebuilt Prelude just like this but in lady boy blue for £900, all the welding done and and undersealed with Dinitrol, unfortunately I had just changed jobs and didn't have the money for it, it's been my biggest car regret ever since.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1