Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Wheels and Tyres

PTR200S

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Having now been 18 months since fitting the falkens,  less 7 months off the road and sitting around, the Falkens are still working well. I have to say the loss of grip under acceleration, under damp conditions, has started again though.

This happened with the Maxx too so I am now beginning to conclude that once the tyre gets over half worn the Elysion just can't deal with it.  ( editors note   Maybe the driver could lay off the gas ? 🤣 )

The new Falken FK 520 series is out but at £125.... gulp !!

Rainsport 5 are 105 quid....

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Today was puncture day, having had two front flats by way of the lentil problem I came out at lunchtime to find the front right, offside, tyre flat again.....wtf, not another lentil day...

No , this time it was a screw down the side wall 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Remember that £125 Falken 520 series I mentioned in July....well had to buy it today, no one would repair the puncture as it does not comply with some government,  safety, do-gooder certification...to be fair the tyre was torn down sideways, doesn’t look that bad in the pic though, when the screw came out..

Front tyre at that so 125 quid had to be spent for peace of mind and safety. 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

20221130-095444.jpg

• Sad 2

• Moderators

I feel your pain Pete, picked up what i thought was a stone in the OSR tyre on the Jag the other day, next morning the tyre was flat.

Had a look yesterday and although i can't see a screw (or the remains of) in the tread, the sidewalls look pretty crumpled and don't sound good moving a short, slow distance to view the part of the tyre that was at the bottom.

Yet to fit the spare (glad i bought a "real" spare now!) and see how bad it is, whether it's fixable or not but i suspect the worst. In that case i'll use the pram-wheel (space saver) spare as the emergency use one until next year and then see about a complete set, seeing as the Pirelli P7s on the back have never inspired confidence!

• Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Looking at the pic, it makes me wonder how on earth the screw went in accidentally at that angle???

Me too !! I did wonder if they original perpetrators of the green lentil brigade had come back to target my "suv"  with an impact gun and screw but surely they would have done all the tyres ???

You are just making me more paranoid that someone has got it " infamy, infamy,  they've all got it in for me !!"

• Like 2

• Moderators

In a turn up for the book type moment I was unable to test the pressure on the new tyre after only two days since it was fitted.  The schrader valve seemed to be stuck down the barrel of the valve but not leaking either ?? 🙃🙃

A trip back to the tyre fitter this morning, thinking it was the new tyre fitting, revealed ANOTHER  lentil down the valve, or rather bits of it... someone is targeting the van, someone that knows where I park ???? Can't be two incidents within a week unless someone is targeting  it.

Removed,  new schrader fitted and all good again...getting a bit p[$$€d off now.....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• grrrr 3

• Founding Member

Could you not simply remove the schraeder core (small tool needed) & fit a new one (one from a spare tyre or schraeder bicycle inner tube will do if you ortherwise cannot put your hands on one)?   I have done that several times myself with leaky schraeder valves.... simple to do at minimum cost - however you would need to pump up the tyre again...  I guess you have a compressor...

• Like 3