Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Wheels and Tyres

PTR200S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Still haven't found two more Honda wheels and it's coming up tyre replacement time, for the front certainly as they are more or less on the tread indicator.

Looks like I will have to do another winter on the Cosmics.

Started checking on availability and price of tyres..wow have they gone up in price  !!!!

110 to 130 is for medium premium tyres.  Efficency grip or sportmax at around 120 each, fitted.

Found Nankang budget all seasons at 76 quid,......, rovelo at 50 quid 🙄

Rainsport 5 at 125 quid each !!!

With this years, and next ?, reduced miles maybe a budget tyre on the back and move my current rear tyres to front.....about half worn.

Or do I just swap front to back and vice versa with the current tyres and deal with a four tyre replacement at a later date when financial incomes improve post cv19

• Confused 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Or do I just swap front to back and vice versa with the current tyres and deal with a four tyre replacement at a later date when financial incomes improve post cv19

Given the current situation, the swap around gets my vote and winter weather looming maybe invest some snow socks or chains to finish off the what remains of the tyres?

• Like 2

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, st123 said:

don`t buy the rainsport won`t last long, got budget on mine £50 per corner fitted

Thanks for heads up,    I understand that rainsport wear quickly, sticky rubber i guess. ?.

What brand are yours?

What rain rating ? Not bothered about other ratings.

Do they spin up if , ahem, provoked??

What size did you go for ?

My current budget tyre, "Three A "  ( ! 🙂 ) have been pretty good for the type of use I require but can't find a 45 series in stock.,40 series yes but too thin !! Tyreleader used to stock them but not now it seems.

The Goodride tyres, all season, are about 50 quid, right size and load rating.

Goodyear Efficient Grip at 95 quid seem a compromise and I have used them before, pretty good tyre albeit with a soft sidewall.

• Like 1

Brand is blacklion Cilerro, not sure of the rain rating, 215/60/17, done about 8k on front so need changing soon, think will go for the xl tyre this time around see what there like,

They will spin off the line in the wet and uphill if wet but i just hit the snow button on the dash to help with that😁

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Thanks, not come across that brand but will search now.

Forgot about the snow mode button!!!!!

I am on 18 inch wheels and for some reason 45 series , 18" seem to be in short supply ...get loads in other sizes  😞

XL load rating recommended for Elysion,  95 ?

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, st123 said:

Does it matter about summer or winter tyre never bothered me?

Probably not !!

I tend to use "summer" on the cars as I don't have a problem in winter with them I guess.

The jazz x 2 have winter tyres on , three years on those , summer and winter, no problem. 

What happened to the round things we had years ago? Just tyres !! No summer or winter, snow etc !!!  🙂

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, st123 said:

ahh you mean the new all season Tyre😄

A reinvention by the marketing department yet again...first they fixed something that wasn't broken, summer,winter, etc tyres and when that went down hill, everyone just leaving whatever on all year round, they started again with "all season " !!

OK, I know some people have summer and winter wheels but unless you are snowbound or live in very hilly wet bits do we really need to change them?

I want spare wheels , winter, so I can clean them easily  😜 ....... less spokes than my Cosmics   

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Honda Elysion Wheels and Tyres
  • Moderators

Over the last few days the road noise has got worse, I can't tell if its the tyres getting to the last legs or something else coming adrift....

It sounds like a whirring/whooshing sound, increasing then decreasing, definitely from the front too...perhaps there is a bearing on the way out but it doesn't really sound like that, maybe something in the caliper...anyway an investigation required.

Hoping it is just tyres but it looks to be the front to rear tyre move is off now as the fronts have hit the wear indicators in a few places.

• Sad 2

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

it sounds like a whirring/whooshing sound, increasing then decreasing, definitely from the front too..

I have a similar noise occasionally on certain road surfaces, these are new tyres and I have been told by different people its the tread pattern or in your case the lack of it maybe? 🤪

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I have a similar noise occasionally on certain road surfaces, these are new tyres and I have been told by different people its the tread pattern or in your case the lack of it maybe? 🤪

That's interesting because I thought the sounds seemed related to the crappy road surfaces we have but this last couple of days it seems all roads are "noisy"......that little knob that you crank to the right to adjust the sound seems to make no difference now, either!....

Might just have to bite the bullet and "tyre up" then see if the noise disappears, if not, then further investigation required.

• Like 4

• Founding Member

Have you considered the Dunlop SP Sport MAXX RT? I’m on my 2nd set and they have excellent grip and road noise reduction is impressive. I had all 4 changed in Jan 19 for £311 which included £14 for insurance for 2 tyres. I’ve already claimed on one of the tyres in Jan/Feb this year for a sidewall bulge and got a free replacement. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

I’ve just answered my own question......yes you have considered the Maxx RT and fitted are £118.52 at National Tyres.

I did 20k on my last set. Excellent tyre 

Yep  looking at Maxx RT 2 version, xl, local depot has in stock too !

Calling by later to see if any deals on anything too ! (Tight ar$#  !!!! )

• Like 3

• Moderators

Well that was not unexpected. 

National Tyres,

online as Ahsy says £118 each fitted. Card payment obviously. 

In person, fit now, cash, shade short of £200 ...hey,hey, result!

Until blokey man qualifies says "that's each but fitted"!!!!!

Okàaaay, ,,, so if I buy online who fits them?

We do !!

So same as previously in year for Coupe, buy online cheaper, fit by same blokes.....who would charge 400 the pair ....brilliant, couldn't make it up....

• Confused 3

• Moderators

Signed up with Protyre in the end, local depot and I used them last year, for the Jazz x 2 ,tyres.

Same price as National Tyres but managed to find a discount code for 15 quid, not much but a couple of gallons in the tank money !

Fitting on Tuesday next.

Got the Maxx RT2 as recommended,  thanks Ahsy, appreciate the input. 👍

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Not quite two weeks since I got the Dunlops fitted to the front...ok, so done a few miles since then but the left hand rear tyre which looked good has suddenly taken a turn for the worse.

The right rear is pretty much ok , about half worn but the left has gone to nearly the tread indicators...still some miles in it yet but that means a replacement before MoT time almost certainly...and that means BOTH rear tyres , arrgghhhh!

Here is the left rear, wear is pretty even across the piece but still a fair bit of tread to go at, I guess.

left-rear-tyre.jpg

This next pic is the righthand side, loads more tread....

I wonder if the left has taken a hit because of the loading on the left on roundabouts etc...

right-rear.jpg