Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord Coupe Optional Extras "GOLD PACK"

Chrismas

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Chrismas said:

Saw a green V6 today and the chrome badges were blinged in gold! Is that a custom mod or an optional extra? Has anybody seen one before or maybe this owner is on here? I'm in Torbay. 

it was an option fella, the gold pack which included exhaust tips, check this topic out:

• Like 2

• Moderators

It was an expensive option if memory serves, i remember asking in the dealers about the price of the gold stylised "H" for the boot lid on my Ballade many moons ago. Seem to recall it was about £107 + VAT and that was about 25 ish years ago! 😮:o

Add in the exhaust tips, front "H" badge etc and you're looking at a pretty penny for the full set. If you can find a breaker with them at a sensible price then go for it, if not then cheat :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bright-Gold-Brush-Plating-kit-for-Jewellery-and-antique-repairs/283320706433

You might even get enquiries from others after the same! ;):D

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• The title was changed to Honda Accord Coupe Optional Extras "GOLD PACK"
  • 7 months later...
  • Moderators

I'm not surprised you've been having difficulty finding them on t'internet, most breakers don't realise they are in fact gold badges and think someone has been busy with the gold paint. As such, most aren't offered for sale when a car is broken, you can guess the rest!

It's difficult to see in this photo but have you got the gold tail pipe trims as well?

_MG_9118-XL.jpg

Reckon your best bet is to either have a word with Stu or keep your eyes peeled on fleabay for any being broken then see if they have the gold pack. Given even the newest ones will be close to 20 years old by now, you may have to consult a plating company and get the gold replated. That said, you could cut out the middle man and just get your existing badges replated.

Or learn how to do it yourself............. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

......Thinking the gold would look nice on my dark blue Accord.....

Dig out your electroless copper plating kit Rich and then gold electroplating kit, you can electroless plate the plastic badges and then gold plate all of them! :P👍

Could even start a small "cottage industry" plating/re-plating others' badges................... ;):D

• Like 2

• Founding Member