Subscriptions & Donations ×

Road Noise & Suppression Tips 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

hughezee

9 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

The Coupe is No comparison to the 7 series in many ways and certainly Not noise.....the 7series has insulation everywhere and also sound deadening matting on all panels 

Oh heck I know that, I reckon on the concrete section of the M25 the coupe was noisier inside than the wifes Alto, the speed and the surface of the concrete just seemed to resonate. Otherwise the coupe is a lovely drive and I rather like it. I know the tyres make one heck of a difference to the rumbling too, my mates runflats on his 545 were ridiculous, transformed the car when he fitted 'normal' tyres.

Planning a run to Cumbria later in the year and Cornwall too, and the coupe is a nice place to be..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Lumpy said:

I reckon on the concrete section of the M25 the coupe was noisier inside than the wifes Alto

Maybe putting that in the original post would have been better 😂 😏 smaller cars with less road presence can be a lot quieter in my experience.

4 hours ago, Lumpy said:

Planning a run to Cumbria later in the year and Cornwall too, and the coupe is a nice place to be.. 

Glad to hear you're enjoying the motor for what it is, personally I would get the transmission fluid replaced before planning any long journeys. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hughezee said:

Maybe putting that in the original post would have been better 😂 😏 smaller cars with less road presence can be a lot quieter in my experience.

The OP was referring just to the racket the concrete made in the coupe. Good shout on the tranny fluid, Cumbria is in July, after MoT and full service and new cambelt. I am assured it has been done, especially as she is on 99k now, but I cannot access the records as the chap who had it from new died and no service history was found although he was quite fastidious.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hondas and Honda-derived Rovers are quite well known for a lot of tyre noise but the concrete sections of the M25 are particularly noisy - worse than the concrete sctions of the M27 and those are pretty grim!

Like Stu said, aftermarket sound-proofing makes a huge difference, even with no other changes. ;):D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Hondas and Honda-derived Rovers are quite well known for a lot of tyre noise but the concrete sections of the M25 are particularly noisy - worse than the concrete sctions of the M27 and those are pretty grim!

M27 is like a billiard table comparatively 🤣

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
27 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

The road noise is dismal, especially from the back.

Easily resolved with replacing the 20-year-old cracked underseal, rubberised sealer topped off with wax seal (not waxoil) mine rides virtually silent with an extra layer of absorbing material under the carpets too.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Jeeeez, that must be bad! Way back when the Growfungus (Berlingo) was new, i had at least 2 of the things as company vans. Incredibly noisy from the back, especially when loaded with tools and parts. Also used a Citroen Delay a few times, that was just as bad if not worse as everything echoed! :o

Never been in a PMT Bruiser so can't comment on that and if the Fiat Ducato is the one i'm thinking of, it's a badge-engineered Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Relay so makes me wonder if there's something not quite right with your coupe.

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s

The PT Cruiser has infinitely better insulation - it's pretty silent in general on a M way whereas there's next to non on the Coupe. It's something I need to get round to once I've sorted the boat.

All my vans have been insulated, so not at all like a standard van but still...

Lift the wheel cover in the coupe and there's nothing on the metal, just paint. That's the problem. Luckily it's an easy fix but it would have been an easier fix for Honda USA.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Easily resolved with replacing the 20-year-old cracked underseal, rubberised sealer topped off with wax seal (not waxoil) mine rides virtually silent with an extra layer of absorbing material under the carpets too.  

You're right - it's easily resolved but when it's not, it's loud! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Coupe Road Noise M25.
  • The topic was pinned