Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda J35A Engine Tuning

hughezee

• Administrators

It will cost you a lot to build a really fast Honda J35A, and it will be cheaper to buy a used BMW (or something else). But if your looking for reliability the extra express invested in J-series engine will be the sounder investment long term.

bmwsss.jpg

Either way, to add some power, you may buy a cold air intake system, a J37A intake manifold, a J37A throttle body, Bisimoto cams, valve springs and retainers, performance headers and a 3-inch aftermarket exhaust system. Performance may be improved by head porting.
Instead of your heads, you can use J32A2 heads, J32A2 pistons, and a J32A2 intake and exhaust system. In this case, only a short block will remain of your J35. All these performance parts will increase power to 320-330 HP at the flywheel.

Alternatively, you can just buy a supercharger kit, install it directly on the stock internals, and get the same amount of power.

honda-accord-supercharged-08.jpg

Building turbo projects for obtaining 400++ HP does not make sense on the J35, its time consuming and expensive?

TL-on-Boost-DMT2013a.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Honda J35A Engine Tuning
  • This topic was pinned and featured
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Could you drop a J35Y4 in our Coupes with standalone ECU??? Like the idea of 300bhp

From what i've just read, you'd probably be better off modifying your J30 with J32 bits :

http://mywikimotors.com/honda-j35/

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see what i mean. ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

What Stu said ^^^^^ and it would be more of a straight swap rather than a bit here, a different bit there etc. If memory serves the J35 in the Legend is about 295bhp so would almost be a "bolt-in" 100bhp ish gain. Depending on the fuel management you may not get the full power hike but even at a conservative estimate of 70% of the extra power available, you'd still be nudging 270bhp - the trouble would be finding one! :blink::o

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, jayhoath83 said:

So there wont be many if any then shame as I'd love one

There's a white one on either a 17 or 68 plate and i've recently spotted either a black or midnight blue one on a 68 or 19 plate so there's a few around.

• Haha 1