Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hello from Hampshire

Lumpy

• Moderators
On 12/3/2018 at 11:16 AM, Lumpy said:

I also like playing with bikes so buying a Honda made complete sense as 4 of the 5 are Hondas. The redBird next to the Black one has more HP that the V6 in the coupe too

170521 collection 078

I have an understanding wife

mmmm, me likey ....😍

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, welland99 said:

Hi Stu, 

I didn't realise that the US and UK cars had different spec.  What's the point of that - wouldnt it have been easier for them to all have the same goodies?

Can you list the differences between the model years in the UK, and the differences between UK and US?  

There are not many additional features that I long for in my 2000 CG4, but I do miss an outside temperature gauge and auto dipping rear view mirrors for reversing.  

The UK built 1998-2002 accord was built for the European market, not just the UK, so the car was built to the level of its competitors at the time, the USA built accord had a higher expectation and was designed for its majority market and we got lucky with an RHD version, but subsequently features weren't made available or just switched off, disabled. Which makes perfect sense to me not having a direct competitor in your own model line up, the EX coupe in America had features not available in the UK Legend too,  let alone its half-brother UK accord.🙄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

My neighbour has something very similar on a 14 plate - Chinese copy of the late 70s/early 80s CB100. Strange but true! ;):D

This is the REAL thing !!!!

1967 Honda CL125A , twin cylinder, single carb....4 speed , manual clutch....revs to 10,000 rpm.....😃   

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lumpy said:

revs a lot higher.

Hmm, which model is that ?  TD ???  j ?       

Mid eighties ?  

12k redline version?

I think that was also a 124cc twin which was probably based loosely , VERY loosely, on my 124cc twin from 20 years previously....

I'd guess it's the learner law version, 12 ish bhp ?,..

Looks very splendid in that colour !!!

I have an '85 XBR 500 in that colour , the deep paint makes them look really classy....

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, welland99 said:

Me too! And in the same colour.  Mine's an '87 plate, though.  What are the chances....? 😉

Put a pic up on another thread for you, we are diluting poor Lumpy thread !!  Sorry !! 🙄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Put a pic up on another thread for you, we are diluting poor Lumpy thread !!  Sorry !! 🙄

I think it is called evolution. It's the way conversations develop and shows the diversity of the owners and so is good. No need to take any action or stop the flow 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Going completely off at a tangent, this thread should really be titled " 'ello from 'ampshire" seeing as 'ampshire 'ogs are famous for dropping their "H's" - that's "aitches" as defined in the dictionary, not "h-aitches" as some say! I remember a kid in the same class as me at primary school getting a tongue-lashing from the teacher for saying "h-aitch" instead of "aitch" :lol:

Meanwhile, back in reality - have you got a link to where you posted that pic Pete?

Just now, Laird_Scooby said:

Going completely off at a tangent, this thread should really be titled " 'ello from 'ampshire" seeing as 'ampshire 'ogs are famous for dropping their "H's" - that's "aitches" as defined in the dictionary, not "h-aitches" as some say! I remember a kid in the same class as me at primary school getting a tongue-lashing from the teacher for saying "h-aitch" instead of "aitch" :lol:

Meanwhile, back in reality - have you got a link to where you posted that pic Pete?

Oh thank the very fook for someone else that knows it isn't bloody Haitch, that irritates the heck outta me and it's becoming more rife in language, TV, films and everywhere. I'm always correcting people for that mispronunciation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Horrible engine, !!!! Commuter glow worm version !

Will it take a Superdream 250 engine??? or a stealth version 400 !!!

Yes it is a horrible motor BUT it is the same block, barrels, head, rocker cover etc. so indistinguishable from the original apart from the small embossing on the back of the barrels, that's the draw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Done, although maybe our glorious leader might like to decide where to put it...so to speak !

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 11:02 AM, Laird_Scooby said:

I saw the reference to the & series but i'm not too well up on the "E-numbers" - just looked it up and that 7-series was pretty well equipped! They're two different sorts of cars though, a Euro-Luxo-barge and a Japanese/American Grand Tourer/GT.

The "Type-R" badges definitely need to go though! ;):D

the type R badges are now history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lennie Legend said:

Welcome to the fold Lumpy, you’re in good hands.  As a previous owner of two coupes - 2.0 ES and 3.0 V6 - I can 100% confirm you have a great USA made car, very rare too.  How’s the gearbox, is the fluid ok?  

The box feels fine. A bit severe on kickdown but smooth on upchanges. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Lumpy said:

A bit severe on kickdown but smooth on upchanges.

Psssstt! Stu!!! Shall we tell him about the "Double-Tap" technique?

When you say it's a bit severe on kickdown, are you comparing it to the BMW you used to have? If so, there are some very good reasons for it, if not and it really is harsh, there might be another slight problem somewhere that needs attending to.

• Like 1