Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hello from Hampshire

Lumpy

While looking for a more sensible and economic car to replace my E38 7 series, I saw an advert for a 2000 v6 Accord coupe. Saw it. Bought it. A few minor niggles but will sort those I hope. Drivers doir remote actuator not working, boot doesn't release on remote button, and floir mounted key switch is stuck. Lovely car to drive. A good choice I think.

• Like 6

Piccies will come soon. Picked up lateish Friday. Was busy on house all yesterdau and today but been out and about. Just need to work out how to upload images. Best to look at that on pc instead of phone. 2 owner car. 98k. Looks solid. Drives nice. Needs a bloody good clean inside.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Welcome aboard Lumpy - yours isn't a blue one is it? There was a member just up the road from you had a blue one but sold it, just wondering if it's the same car.

Pictures will help on that score! Hint, hint! ;):D

It is a blue one, and I know images will help once I work out how to get them hosted and post them. First time on the forum on a PC so it's much easier than on the phone. The owner was from Totton (where they can all count to 12 on their finger) but he never mentioned this group at the time. Quite a nice car. I like it. I have to get used to the lack of toys and features though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Would this be the car in question? If so the owner previous to the 12-fingered Totton-ite (i used to know Totton well and what you say is true! ;):lol: ) it was owned by a former member who lived in Burseldon, just up the road from you.

af6g6fB.jpg

Can't be too many round your neck of the woods of any colour, that view tends to set it apart from standard cars though with the gold "H" badge, the red VTEC badge and the dustbin sized back boxes.

What sort of toys and features do you see it as lacking? :o They're a very well equipped car, even by todays standards and extremely well equipped when they were new, compared to what else was around. ;):D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Would this be the car in question? If so the owner previous to the 12-fingered Totton-ite (i used to know Totton well and what you say is true! ;):lol: ) it was owned by a former member who lived in Burseldon, just up the road from you.

af6g6fB.jpg

Can't be too many round your neck of the woods of any colour, that view tends to set it apart from standard cars though with the gold "H" badge, the red VTEC badge and the dustbin sized back boxes.

What sort of toys and features do you see it as lacking? :o They're a very well equipped car, even by todays standards and extremely well equipped when they were new, compared to what else was around. ;):D

It is a blue one, and I know images will help once I work out how to get them hosted and post them. First time on the forum on a PC so it's much easier than on the phone. The owner was from Totton (where they can all count to 12 on their finger) but he never mentioned this group at the time. Quite a nice car. I like it. I have to get used to the lack of toys and features though.

20181202_154106

Please bear in mind the 7 series BMW that I have just stopped driving is VERY well equipped, with descent control, trip computers, memory seats, audio control on steering wheel, 3 zone climate control, auto dipping mirrors, memory mirrors, adjustable suspension, timers for fans to clear air before you get in car, auto dipping door mirrors when reversing and the list goes on and on.

Some numpty put Type R badges on mine so they will come off. I need to sort the drivers central locking actuator soon. I noticed the rear left empty fog light lens in the bootlid was full of water yesterday and emptied when I opened the boot.

I like the images you posted but unfortunately it's not that one. Loos great doesn't it? More than happy though, even the FWD doesn't bother me too much

• Like 3

• Moderators

I saw the reference to the & series but i'm not too well up on the "E-numbers" - just looked it up and that 7-series was pretty well equipped! They're two different sorts of cars though, a Euro-Luxo-barge and a Japanese/American Grand Tourer/GT.

The "Type-R" badges definitely need to go though! ;):D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I saw the reference to the & series but i'm not too well up on the "E-numbers" - just looked it up and that 7-series was pretty well equipped! They're two different sorts of cars though, a Euro-Luxo-barge and a Japanese/American Grand Tourer/GT.

The "Type-R" badges definitely need to go though! ;):D

It's a lovely drive to be honest and I am chuffed. I was looking to replace the 7 with a mundane car and that was hard to contemplate, so to have something quirky like the coupe is great. The 7 is a beautiful driving experience but I lost the trust in reliability when a second sensor went in 3 months and stopped the engine. A new sensor works well again but the trust has gone.

121011 E38 001

I also like playing with bikes so buying a Honda made complete sense as 4 of the 5 are Hondas. The redBird next to the Black one has more HP that the V6 in the coupe too

170521 collection 078

I have an understanding wife

• Like 5

• Administrators

Always liked to older BMW's bet it was a hard decision letting it go, but you can't really compare it, maybe an Acura yes 😜 although the levels of equipment & features did change on the coupe from 2000/2001/2002 but allot of stuff that was standard in the USA was disabled for the UK market as it was sold alongside the UK built version which had fewer features... 🙄 I have all the parts to enable the traction control on my 2001 coupe, might even change the multiplexer to get the auto lights and service reminders too... 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Always liked to older BMW's bet it was a hard decision letting it go, but you can't really compare it, maybe an Acura yes 😜 although the levels of equipment & features did change on the coupe from 2000/2001/2002 but allot of stuff that was standard in the USA was disabled for the UK market as it was sold alongside the UK built version which had fewer features... 🙄 I have all the parts to enable the traction control on my 2001 coupe, might even change the multiplexer to get the auto lights and service reminders too... 🤣🤣

I wasn't trying to compare it, I was just saying I was going to have to get used to the lack of toys and features, as I have been spoilt for choice. 😉

• Haha 3

Heck, no need for apologies. The coupe gives the impression you could also do severely long distances fuss free and with the , hopefully, legendary Honda reliability I know she will start when I use her. I don't use a car much, I use one of the bikes for commuting everyday stupidly

• Like 3

So? What head units are people running. Mine has a cassette deck (Pioneer but Honda branded) and I can't find the changer anywhere and the disc button doesn't work anything so guessing it's not fitted. It looks like a standard DIN unit so anything could go in there? Looks like an amp under the rear shelf too, a dinky Honda one. I like originalish but happy to put a more modern unit in here. I'm also guessing any Honda unit, single or changer, from the same period will fit, or the changer that it's supposed to have wherever that fits?

• Moderators

Honda use a multiplexer for the stereo system so while it might appear to be a straight swap, it isn't always that easy - it can also damage the multiplexer (expensive with a capital "F"! :o ) so when Stu pops back up, hopefully he'll explain the ins and outs of it.

Meanwhile if you have a CD changer, it'll be in the boot. ;):D

• Like 2

On 12/3/2018 at 1:34 PM, Lumpy said:

So? What head units are people running. Mine has a cassette deck (Pioneer but Honda branded) and I can't find the changer anywhere and the disc button doesn't work anything so guessing it's not fitted. It looks like a standard DIN unit so anything could go in there? Looks like an amp under the rear shelf too, a dinky Honda one. I like originalish but happy to put a more modern unit in here. I'm also guessing any Honda unit, single or changer, from the same period will fit, or the changer that it's supposed to have wherever that fits?

i have fitted a single cd head unit with bluetooth in mine.  that gives me bluetooth music streaming as well as a handsfree phone capability.  I was under the impression that any single din head unit would fit - as long as the correct cable adapters are fitted.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 12:26 PM, hughezee said:

although the levels of equipment & features did change on the coupe from 2000/2001/2002 but allot of stuff that was standard in the USA was disabled for the UK market as it was sold alongside the UK built version which had fewer features... 🙄 I have all the parts to enable the traction control on my 2001 coupe, might even change the multiplexer to get the auto lights and service reminders too... 🤣🤣

Hi Stu, 

I didn't realise that the US and UK cars had different spec.  What's the point of that - wouldnt it have been easier for them to all have the same goodies?

Can you list the differences between the model years in the UK, and the differences between UK and US?  

There are not many additional features that I long for in my 2000 CG4, but I do miss an outside temperature gauge and auto dipping rear view mirrors for reversing.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/3/2018 at 11:16 AM, Lumpy said:

I also like playing with bikes so buying a Honda made complete sense as 4 of the 5 are Hondas. The redBird next to the Black one has more HP that the V6 in the coupe too

I have an understanding wife

One can never have enough motorbikes - though usually in a stable of that size, I would expect to see more variety.  What is the difference between the black cbr and the red one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, welland99 said:

One can never have enough motorbikes - though usually in a stable of that size, I would expect to see more variety.  What is the difference between the black cbr and the red one?

100cc. 40hp. Ohlins rear shock. 2008 R1 front end and a few other bits

• Like 2