Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hello from Hampshire

Lumpy

Oh I have worked out how to make it smoother now, it was very direct and thud, yes unlike all the autos I have driven be it 7 series, Omega, Vectra, Senator. The Vectra was the most direct but she would kick down a gear or two, but if you wanted to drop quickly it was press the pedal tot he floor onto the switch and down she went. The 7 was switchable to tiptronic or sport but was obviously a better class of gearbox in a much heavier car ☺️

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Lumpy said:

Oh I have worked out how to make it smoother now

Really you need to inspect the condition of the fluid and the Honda Auto's are hydraulicly controlled manuals gearboxes, not the typical slushbox, but they still need maintaining regularly. I caught my coupe early and drives better than any of equivalents marques of the time including some other coupes so it would be worth checking out the post linked below if your interested. 👇

• Like 1

• Moderators

In addition to what Stu explained above, the only FWD car you've previously had was the Vectra (out of the ones you quoted anyway) so the others all had the damping effect of the propshaft acting as a torsional spring and also the inertia of the heavier gearbox components spinning up to speed (planetary gear trains) to further damp things down a bit.

You'll also find you get superior engine braking in the Honda compared to other autos, particularly the RWD ones. ;):D

• Like 2